On Sat, May 2, 2020, 1:22 PM Rudolf J Streif wrote: > eMMC devices commonly have three hardware partitions: two boot > partitions and a user partition. I was looking for a convenient way to > have wic build an image for the boot partition and one for the user > partition. However, that does not seem to be possible right out of the > box. The variable WKS_FILE only accepts one file and not a list. The > class image_types_wic.bbclass uses WKS_FILES internally but that seems > to be a search list and the code only builds the file it finds first. I think part of the problem is that wks files are tied to a rootfs image, so it's not currently possible to have multiple because there is no way to differentiate them. Also because of that it's a little odd to have a wks file that doesn't reference the rootfs it's built with. You might be able to do it by making a simple dummy image recipe for the boot partition(s), then overriding the WKS_FILE variable for the image with a pn override in the machine.conf file (e.g. WKS_FILE_pn-my-emmc-boot = "emmc-boot.wks" ) > Is my understanding correct? > > Any smart ideas to make this work? > > Thanks, > Rudi > > > > > >