* [syzbot] Monthly fuse report
@ 2023-04-05  9:00 syzbot
From: syzbot @ 2023-04-05  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, miklos, syzkaller-bugs

Hello fuse maintainers/developers,

This is a 30-day syzbot report for the fuse subsystem.
All related reports/information can be found at:
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/fuse

During the period, 0 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
In total, 8 issues are still open and 34 have been fixed so far.

Some of the still happening issues:

Crashes Repro Title
146     Yes   INFO: task hung in fuse_simple_request
              https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=46fe899420456e014d6b
26      Yes   INFO: task hung in lookup_slow (3)
              https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7cfc6a4f6b025f710423
13      Yes   INFO: task hung in walk_component (5)
              https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=8fba0e0286621ce71edd

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.

* Re: [syzbot] Monthly fuse report
@ 2023-04-12 13:52 ` Miklos Szeredi
From: Miklos Szeredi @ 2023-04-12 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Vyukov; +Cc: linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, syzkaller-bugs, syzbot

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 at 11:00, syzbot
<syzbot+list69b50efce6f847334104@syzkaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello fuse maintainers/developers,
>
> This is a 30-day syzbot report for the fuse subsystem.
> All related reports/information can be found at:
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/fuse
>
> During the period, 0 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
> In total, 8 issues are still open and 34 have been fixed so far.
>
> Some of the still happening issues:
>
> Crashes Repro Title
> 146     Yes   INFO: task hung in fuse_simple_request
>               https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=46fe899420456e014d6b
> 26      Yes   INFO: task hung in lookup_slow (3)
>               https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7cfc6a4f6b025f710423
> 13      Yes   INFO: task hung in walk_component (5)
>               https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=8fba0e0286621ce71edd

Hi Dmitry,

These all look like non-kernel deadlocks.

AFAIR syzbot was taught about breaking these by "umount -f" or "echo 1
> /sys/fs/fuse/connections/$DEV/abort", right?

I wonder why they are still triggering a report then.

Thanks,
Miklos

* Re: [syzbot] Monthly fuse report
@ 2023-04-14 15:09   ` Aleksandr Nogikh
From: Aleksandr Nogikh @ 2023-04-14 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miklos Szeredi
  Cc: Dmitry Vyukov, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, syzkaller-bugs, syzbot

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 3:52 PM 'Miklos Szeredi' via syzkaller-bugs
<syzkaller-bugs@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 at 11:00, syzbot
> <syzbot+list69b50efce6f847334104@syzkaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello fuse maintainers/developers,
> >
> > This is a 30-day syzbot report for the fuse subsystem.
> > All related reports/information can be found at:
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/fuse
> >
> > During the period, 0 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
> > In total, 8 issues are still open and 34 have been fixed so far.
> >
> > Some of the still happening issues:
> >
> > Crashes Repro Title
> > 146     Yes   INFO: task hung in fuse_simple_request
> >               https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=46fe899420456e014d6b
> > 26      Yes   INFO: task hung in lookup_slow (3)
> >               https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7cfc6a4f6b025f710423
> > 13      Yes   INFO: task hung in walk_component (5)
> >               https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=8fba0e0286621ce71edd
>
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> These all look like non-kernel deadlocks.
>
> AFAIR syzbot was taught about breaking these by "umount -f" or "echo 1
> > /sys/fs/fuse/connections/$DEV/abort", right?

Hi Miklos,

syzbot indeed writes 0x1 to each /sys/fs/fuse/connections/%s/abort
See https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/ec410564b9e4ff241d1242febb29eda2ee28b50d/executor/common_linux.h#L4614

Some C reproducers (e.g.
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/text?tag=ReproC&x=128284a0b00000) also
contain that piece of code.