From: Zsolt Hegyi <hegyi.mokka@gmail.com>
To: cedric Kienzler <cedrickienzler1@gmail.com>
Cc: wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: Bird OSPF Problems
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:31:49 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Cedric,

As far as I know, wireguard doesn't support multicasts yet, which OSPF uses
for neighbor discovery. The reason why BGP works is because it uses unicast
TCP packets as means of communication.

To get around this, try telling BIRD that your wireguard interface is an
NBMA network (or a point-to-point link).

vista