From: "NIKHIL PATIL" <nikhilvp29@gmail.com>
To: Randy MacLeod <randy.macleod@windriver.com>
Cc: yocto+help@lists.yoctoproject.org, yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] dnf error coming while compiling core-image-sato image.
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:23:09 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi team,
    I am not able compile a core-image-minimal also. same issue facing here.
   PFA (local.conf) .

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 7:50 PM Randy MacLeod <randy.macleod@windriver.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> wrote:
> >
> >     On 2020-10-18 6:41 a.m., NIKHIL PATIL wrote:
> >      > Hi team ,
> >      >        I am getting continuously dnf error, How we can
> >     resolve these .
> >
> >     Hi Nikhil,
> >
> >     What exact steps did you take before getting this error and
> >     what build host are you using?
> >
> >     Are you able to build core-image-minimal using oe-core/master
> >     and the default local.conf for qemux86-64?
>
> Please confirm that you are able to build core-image-minimal so
> that people understand your level of experience when trying to help you.
>
> ../Randy
>

> >     ../Randy
> >
> >      >
> >      > core-image-sato-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf. Command
> >      >

>  '/data/pradeep/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/dnf
> >
> >      > -y -c
> >      >

>  /data/pradeep/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/dnf/dnf.conf
> >
> >      >

>  --setopt=reposdir=/data/pradeep/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/yum.repos.d
> >
> >      >

>  --repofrompath=oe-repo,/data/pradeep/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
> >
> >      >

>  --installroot=/data/pradeep/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/rootfs
> >
> >      >

>  --setopt=logdir=/data/pradeep/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/temp
> >
> >      > -x packagegroup-core-apl-extra --nogpgcheck install
> >     autoconf-archive dnf
> >      > gstreamer1.0-vaapi iqvlinux jhi kernel-modules libtcti-device0
> >      > libtcti-device-dev libtcti-device-staticdev libtcti-socket0
> >      > libtcti-socket-dev libtcti-socket-staticdev libsapi0 libsapi-dev
> >      > libsapi-staticdev libva mesa-glxinfo libmraa1 nodejs
> >      > packagegroup-base-extended packagegroup-core-audio-essential
> >      > packagegroup-core-boot packagegroup-core-buildessential-extended
> >      > packagegroup-core-graphics-essential
> packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear
> >      > packagegroup-core-tools-testapps packagegroup-core-x11-base
> >      > packagegroup-core-x11-sato psplash rpm run-postinsts swig
> tpm2-abrmd
> >      > usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data va-intel wayland weston
> >      > weston-examples xinit-env xserver-xorg locale-base-en-us
> >      > locale-base-en-gb' returned 1:
> >      > Added oe-repo repo from
> >      >

>  /data/pradeep/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo

[-- Attachment #2: local.conf --]

# This file is your local configuration file and is where all local user settings
# are placed. The comments in this file give some guide to the options a new user
# to the system might want to change but pretty much any configuration option can
# be set in this file. More adventurous users can look at local.conf.extended
# which contains other examples of configuration which can be placed in this file
# but new users likely won't need any of them initially.
#
# Lines starting with the '#' character are commented out and in some cases the
# default values are provided as comments to show people example syntax. Enabling
# the option is a question of removing the # character and making any change to the
# variable as required.

#
# Machine Selection
#
# This sets the default machine to be intel-corei7-64 if no other machine is selected:
MACHINE = "intel-corei7-64"

# This set the default kernel to linux-intel version 4.14 LTS
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-intel"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-intel = "4.14%"

#
# Leaf Hill BSP specific settings
#
# This sets BSP_SUBTYPE to leafhill.
# This setting is meant for Bitbake to pull the correct set of
# kernel config fragments in yocto-kernel-cache.
#
# It is not recommend to remove if your target platform is
# based on Intel Atom E3900 SoC Family.
BSP_SUBTYPE = "leafhill"

#Exclude piglit, ltp and mesa-demos packages
PACKAGE_EXCLUDE = "packagegroup-core-apl-extra"

#
# Apollo Lake Yocto BSP supports different Audio features,
# i.e. legacy HD-Audio, CAVS HD-Audio, and CAVS SSP Audio codec support.
#
# By default, this configuration will build CAVS HD-Audio feature.
# To build CAVS SSP Audio feature, uncomment the line below.
#AUDIO_FEATURES = "ssp"

#
# Machine Configuration Override for Apollo Lake platform
#
# This is a stopgap measure for configuring machine settings for Apollo Lake platform
# primarily for Pre-Production SW release until the changes are upstream to Yocto Project.
# These settings are applicable for Intel Apollo Lake project only.
# Please comment out when you are compiling for other projects.

# Uncomment when you are integrating closed source media stack
#MACHINE_HWCODECS = ""

OLD_XSERVER_X86_EXT = ""
XSERVER_X86_MATROX_MGA = ""
XSERVER_X86_ASPEED_AST = ""
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RDEPENDS_remove = "intel-microcode"
INITRD_LIVE_remove = "${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/microcode.cpio"

# Make image boot to runlevel 3 by default
APPEND = "3 snd_hda_intel.power_save=1 snd_hda_intel.power_save_controller=y scsi_mod.scan=async i915.enable_guc_loading=1 reboot=efi console=ttyS2,115200n8"

WKS_FILE = "systemd-bootdisk-microcode-custom.wks"
#
# User Space Configuration Override for Apollo Lake Platform
#
# Selection of jpeg package provider
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_jpeg = "jpeg"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_jpeg-native = "jpeg-native"

# Enable xserver-xorg
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " xserver-xorg"

# Enable vp8dec for gstreamer1.0-plugins-good
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-gstreamer1.0-plugins-good = "vpx"

# Multi-libraries support is by default "OFF"
# Please uncomment the 4 lines below to enable multilib support.
#require conf/multilib.conf
#DEFAULTTUNE = "corei7-64"
#MULTILIBS = "multilib:lib32"
#DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "corei7-32"

# Install autoconf-archive
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " autoconf-archive"

# Install libva
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libva"

# Install Wayland in image
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " wayland pam"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "wayland weston weston-examples"

# Install mesa glxinfo
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " mesa-glxinfo"

# Install TPM2.0-TSS in image
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libtss2 libtss2-dev libtctidevice libtctidevice-dev libtctisocket libtctisocket-dev"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libtss2-staticdev libtctisocket-staticdev libtctidevice-staticdev"

# Install tpm2-abrmd in image
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " tpm2-abrmd"

# Install MRAA and its dependencies in image
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " nodejs swig mraa"

# Install USB-modeswitch and USB-modeswitch-data in image
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data"

# Install JHI
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " jhi"

# Install IQV driver
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " iqvlinux"

# Disable lttng modules
LTTNGMODULES_corei7-64-intel-common = ""

# Install xinitrc environment file
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " xinit-env"

# By default, we want our OS to includes all kernel modules.
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " kernel-modules"

# Take note that as we are building 3rd party ingredient.
# We need the LICENSE_FLAGS below.
LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST += "commercial"

# Use systemd init instead of sysV init
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"

#
# Where to place downloads
#
# During a first build the system will download many different source code tarballs
# from various upstream projects. This can take a while, particularly if your network
# connection is slow. These are all stored in DL_DIR. When wiping and rebuilding you
# can preserve this directory to speed up this part of subsequent builds. This directory
# is safe to share between multiple builds on the same machine too.
#
# The default is a downloads directory under TOPDIR which is the build directory.
#
#DL_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/downloads"

#
# Where to place shared-state files
#
# BitBake has the capability to accelerate builds based on previously built output.
# This is done using "shared state" files which can be thought of as cache objects
# and this option determines where those files are placed.
#
# You can wipe out TMPDIR leaving this directory intact and the build would regenerate
# from these files if no changes were made to the configuration. If changes were made
# to the configuration, only shared state files where the state was still valid would
# be used (done using checksums).
#
# The default is a sstate-cache directory under TOPDIR.
#
#SSTATE_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/sstate-cache"

#
# Where to place the build output
#
# This option specifies where the bulk of the building work should be done and
# where BitBake should place its temporary files and output. Keep in mind that
# this includes the extraction and compilation of many applications and the toolchain
# which can use Gigabytes of hard disk space.
#
# The default is a tmp directory under TOPDIR.
#
#TMPDIR = "${TOPDIR}/tmp"

#
# Default policy config
#
# The distribution setting controls which policy settings are used as defaults.
# The default value is fine for general Yocto project use, at least initially.
# Ultimately when creating custom policy, people will likely end up subclassing
# these defaults.
#
DISTRO ?= "poky"
# As an example of a subclass there is a "bleeding" edge policy configuration
# where many versions are set to the absolute latest code from the upstream
# source control systems. This is just mentioned here as an example, its not
# useful to most new users.
# DISTRO ?= "poky-bleeding"

#
# Package Management configuration
#
# This variable lists which packaging formats to enable. Multiple package backends
# can be enabled at once and the first item listed in the variable will be used
# to generate the root filesystems.
# Options are:
#  - 'package_deb' for debian style deb files
#  - 'package_ipk' for ipk files are used by opkg (a debian style embedded package manager)
#  - 'package_rpm' for rpm style packages
# E.g.: PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm package_deb package_ipk"
# We default to rpm:
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"

#
# SDK/ADT target architecture
#
# This variable specifies the architecture to build SDK/ADT items for and means
# you can build the SDK packages for architectures other than the machine you are
# running the build on (i.e. building i686 packages on an x86_64 host).
# Supported values are i686 and x86_64
#SDKMACHINE ?= "i686"

#
# Extra image configuration defaults
#
# The EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES variable allows extra packages to be added to the generated
# images. Some of these options are added to certain image types automatically. The
# variable can contain the following options:
#  "dbg-pkgs"       - add -dbg packages for all installed packages
#                     (adds symbol information for debugging/profiling)
#  "dev-pkgs"       - add -dev packages for all installed packages
#                     (useful if you want to develop against libs in the image)
#  "ptest-pkgs"     - add -ptest packages for all ptest-enabled packages
#                     (useful if you want to run the package test suites)
#  "tools-sdk"      - add development tools (gcc, make, pkgconfig etc.)
#  "tools-debug"    - add debugging tools (gdb, strace)
#  "eclipse-debug"  - add Eclipse remote debugging support
#  "tools-profile"  - add profiling tools (oprofile, exmap, lttng, valgrind)
#  "tools-testapps" - add useful testing tools (ts_print, aplay, arecord etc.)
#  "debug-tweaks"   - make an image suitable for development
#                     e.g. ssh root access has a blank password
# There are other application targets that can be used here too, see
# meta/classes/image.bbclass and meta/classes/core-image.bbclass for more details.
# We default to enabling the debugging tweaks.
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-testapps"

#
# Additional image features
#
# The following is a list of additional classes to use when building images which
# enable extra features. Some available options which can be included in this variable
# are:
#   - 'buildstats' collect build statistics
#   - 'image-mklibs' to reduce shared library files size for an image
#   - 'image-prelink' in order to prelink the filesystem image
#   - 'image-swab' to perform host system intrusion detection
# NOTE: if listing mklibs & prelink both, then make sure mklibs is before prelink
# NOTE: mklibs also needs to be explicitly enabled for a given image, see local.conf.extended
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"

#
# Runtime testing of images
#
# The build system can test booting virtual machine images under qemu (an emulator)
# after any root filesystems are created and run tests against those images. To
# enable this uncomment this line. See classes/testimage(-auto).bbclass for
# further details.
#TEST_IMAGE = "1"
#
# Interactive shell configuration
#
# Under certain circumstances the system may need input from you and to do this it
# can launch an interactive shell. It needs to do this since the build is
# multithreaded and needs to be able to handle the case where more than one parallel
# process may require the user's attention. The default is iterate over the available
# terminal types to find one that works.
#
# Examples of the occasions this may happen are when resolving patches which cannot
# be applied, to use the devshell or the kernel menuconfig
#
# Supported values are auto, gnome, xfce, rxvt, screen, konsole (KDE 3.x only), none
# Note: currently, Konsole support only works for KDE 3.x due to the way
# newer Konsole versions behave
#OE_TERMINAL = "auto"
# By default disable interactive patch resolution (tasks will just fail instead):
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"

#
# Disk Space Monitoring during the build
#
# Monitor the disk space during the build. If there is less that 1GB of space or less
# than 100K inodes in any key build location (TMPDIR, DL_DIR, SSTATE_DIR), gracefully
# shutdown the build. If there is less that 100MB or 1K inodes, perform a hard abort
# of the build. The reason for this is that running completely out of space can corrupt
# files and damages the build in ways which may not be easily recoverable.
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"

#
# Shared-state files from other locations
#
# As mentioned above, shared state files are prebuilt cache data objects which can
# used to accelerate build time. This variable can be used to configure the system
# to search other mirror locations for these objects before it builds the data itself.
#
# This can be a filesystem directory, or a remote url such as http or ftp. These
# would contain the sstate-cache results from previous builds (possibly from other
# machines). This variable works like fetcher MIRRORS/PREMIRRORS and points to the
# cache locations to check for the shared objects.
# NOTE: if the mirror uses the same structure as SSTATE_DIR, you need to add PATH
# at the end as shown in the examples below. This will be substituted with the
# correct path within the directory structure.
#SSTATE_MIRRORS ?= "\
#file://.* http://someserver.tld/share/sstate/PATH;downloadfilename=PATH \n \
#file://.* file:///some/local/dir/sstate/PATH"

#
# Qemu configuration
#
# By default qemu will build with a builtin VNC server where graphical output can be
# seen. The two lines below enable the SDL backend too. This assumes there is a
# libsdl library available on your build system.
#PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
#PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
#ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"

# CONF_VERSION is increased each time build/conf/ changes incompatibly and is used to
# track the version of this file when it was generated. This can safely be ignored if
# this doesn't mean anything to you.
CONF_VERSION = "1"

# Enable the security flags as per SDL 4.0 requirement
require conf/distro/include/security_flags.inc
SECURITY_CFLAGS = "-fstack-protector-strong -pie -fpie -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -Wformat -Wformat-security"
SECURITY_NO_PIE_CFLAGS = "-fstack-protector-strong -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -Wformat -Wformat-security"
SECURITY_LDFLAGS = "-Wl,-z,relro,-z,now,-z,noexecstack"

#AmitK OTA support
DISTRO = "poky-sota-systemd"

SRCREV_FORMAT = "1"

#LTE Support Added
#IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " l89irnss"

# General SOTA setup
SOTA_CLIENT_PROV = "aktualizr-shared-prov"
SOTA_PACKED_CREDENTIALS = "/praveen/inti_dmsv/yocto_build/credentials.zip"

# Uncomment this line to start an ssh server at boot automatically
#IMAGE_FEATURES += "ssh-server-dropbear"

# Uncomment this line to set the log level of aktualizr to 'debug' (from 'info'
# by default)
#IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " aktualizr-log-debug"

# Store systemd logs in persistent storage
#
# It greatly helps diagnosing issues on testing devices but should be
# carefully weighted against file system usage and flash device wear for
# production systems. Please refer to systemd's docs for more details
IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " systemd-journald-persistent"

OSTREE_BRANCHNAME = "crb-sota_test_new"
OSTREE_REPO = "${HOME}/praveen/public_html/ostree/repo"
OSTREE_REMOTE_URL = "http://192.168.150.11:8000"
OSTREE_OSNAME = "inti_dmsv"
#OSTREE_INITRAMFS_IMAGE ?= "initramfs-ostree-image"

# Set resource limits for aktualizr service
#
# Uncomment these lines to change the default parameters.
#
#RESOURCE_CPU_WEIGHT_pn-aktualizr = "100"
#RESOURCE_MEMORY_HIGH_pn-aktualizr = "100M"
#RESOURCE_MEMORY_MAX_pn-aktualizr = "80%"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " aktualizr-resource-control"

#IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " openssh"
#IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " openssh openssh-sftp"
#OSTREE_USE_AB ?= "1"
#Add the extra space to keep absorve the changes
#IMAGE_ROOTFS_EXTRA_SPACE= "2194304"
#IMAGE_ROOTFS_EXTRA_SPACE= "2515968"

INHERIT += "image-buildinfo"
IMAGE_TYPE="sato"
MY_BUILD_VERSION="1.0"
DEVICE_MODEL="CRB"
DEVICE_TYPE="${MACHINE}-${DEVICE_MODEL}"

IMAGE_BUILDINFO_VARS = "DISTRO DISTRO_VERSION MACHINE DEVICE_MODEL DEVICE_TYPE MY_BUILD_VERSION IMAGE_TYPE"

#Auto reboot support added
IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " aktualizr-auto-reboot"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " minicom"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " hello"

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " openobex obex-data-server obexftp bluez5"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " bluez-tools"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " systemd systemtap"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " gcc gcc-sanitizers hostapd wpa-supplicant"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " dhcpcd  dhcp-dbg dhcp-dev dhcp-doc dhcp-libs dhcp-server dhcp-server-config dhcp-client dhcp-relay dhcp-omshell"