From: Min-Yih Hsu <minyihh@uci.edu>
To: alex.bennee@linaro.org
Cc: qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: [RFC] tcg plugin: Additional plugin interface
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:46:49 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Alex and QEMU developers,

Recently I was working with the TCG plugin. I found that
`qemu_plugin_cb_flags` seems to reserve the functionality to read / write
CPU register state, I'm wondering if you can share some roadmap or thoughts
on this feature?

Personally I see reading the CPU register state as (kind of) low-hanging
fruit. The most straightforward way to implement it will be adding another
function that can be called by insn_exec callbacks to read (v)CPU register
values. What do you think about this?

Thank you
-Min
--
Min-Yih Hsu
Ph.D Student in ICS Department, University of California, Irvine (UCI).