* How to start contributing ?
@ 2021-02-14 20:09 MAHAK BANSAL
From: MAHAK BANSAL @ 2021-02-14 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

Hi!
I hope everyone is doing well.
I'm a newbie, Can anyone tell me how should I start ?
I'm participating in Outreachy this year and would love to work with you
all.

Thanks

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] How to start contributing ?
@ 2021-02-15  8:32 ` Vaishali Thakkar
From: Vaishali Thakkar @ 2021-02-15  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MAHAK BANSAL; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 9:27 AM MAHAK BANSAL <mbansal@cs.iitr.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi!
> I hope everyone is doing well.
> I'm a newbie, Can anyone tell me how should I start ?
> I'm participating in Outreachy this year and would love to work with you all.

Hi Mahak,

Thanks for your interest in contributing to Linux kernel.

For the Outreachy, the contribution period is not yet open
so according to the rules of a program we can't share much
details with you. If you'll be eligible for the program, our orga
link will be automatically visible to you after March 15, 2021.
Until then if you wish to contribute to Linux kernel outside
the scope of Outreachy, you can check out this kernel first
patch link:

https://kernelnewbies.org/FirstKernelPatch

> Thanks

Vaishali

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] How to start contributing ?
@ 2021-02-15  9:26   ` MAHAK BANSAL
From: MAHAK BANSAL @ 2021-02-15  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

Also, I was trying to join the IRC channels ( irc.gnome.org, irc.oftc.net)
but I failed to join either because the link is not working or the link
doesn't land into a valid channel.
It would be great if you could provide the correct link.
Thanks

@ 2021-02-15 12:44     ` Vaishali Thakkar
From: Vaishali Thakkar @ 2021-02-15 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MAHAK BANSAL; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 10:26 AM MAHAK BANSAL <mbansal@cs.iitr.ac.in> wrote:

> Also, I was trying to join the IRC channels ( irc.gnome.org, irc.oftc.net) but I failed to join either because the link is not working or the link doesn't land into a valid channel.
> It would be great if you could provide the correct link.

I can see that you have sent a message in our channel on
Saturday - Feb 6, 2021. So, you did end up using IRC correctly. :)
Please note that people are in the different timezones and may
not be active in IRC channels when you would've sent a text.

> Thanks
>
> On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 2:02:29 PM UTC+5:30 Vaishali Thakkar wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 9:27 AM MAHAK BANSAL <mba...@cs.iitr.ac.in> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi!
>> > I hope everyone is doing well.
>> > I'm a newbie, Can anyone tell me how should I start ?
>> > I'm participating in Outreachy this year and would love to work with you all.
>>
>> Hi Mahak,
>>
>> Thanks for your interest in contributing to Linux kernel.
>>
>> For the Outreachy, the contribution period is not yet open
>> so according to the rules of a program we can't share much
>> details with you. If you'll be eligible for the program, our orga
>> link will be automatically visible to you after March 15, 2021.
>> Until then if you wish to contribute to Linux kernel outside
>> the scope of Outreachy, you can check out this kernel first
>> patch link:
>>
>> https://kernelnewbies.org/FirstKernelPatch
>>
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > --
>>

>> --
>> Vaishali

Vaishali

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] How to start contributing ?
@ 2021-02-19 10:57       ` MAHAK BANSAL
From: MAHAK BANSAL @ 2021-02-19 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel