* GCC 4.9 to 5.0
@ 2015-03-25 16:28 Victor Rodriguez
From: Victor Rodriguez @ 2015-03-25 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

HI everyone

Does anybody knows if there is a best known method/plan/test suite for
moving from one version of gcc to another ?

I am in the middle of that painful task and wonder if yocto community
has a plan every time yocto do this switch

Thanks a lot for all the help

Regards

Victor Rodriguez

* Re: GCC 4.9 to 5.0
@ 2015-03-25 17:31 ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2015-03-25 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Rodriguez, yocto

On 3/25/15 11:28 AM, Victor Rodriguez wrote:
> HI everyone
>
> Does anybody knows if there is a best known method/plan/test suite for
> moving from one version of gcc to another ?

Use the dejagnu test suite and other tests built into gcc, glibc, gdb, binutils,
and the prelinker..  (I've found the prelinker test suites sometime find obscure
issues relating to elf section handling.)

If those all pass, then most likely what you've done is in reasonably good shape.

--Mark

> I am in the middle of that painful task and wonder if yocto community
> has a plan every time yocto do this switch
>
> Thanks a lot for all the help
>
> Regards
>
> Victor Rodriguez

* Re: GCC 4.9 to 5.0
@ 2015-03-25 17:38 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-03-25 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Rodriguez; +Cc: yocto

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 9:28 AM, Victor Rodriguez <vm.rod25@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI everyone
>
> Does anybody knows if there is a best known method/plan/test suite for
> moving from one version of gcc to another ?

we generate cross testing driver in the build tree for gcc-cross which should help
in running the dejagnu in cross env. Unfortunately it has stopped working after libgcc
was separated out. So it might need some fix. but you should see <cross>-testgcc script
generated in build tree.

> I am in the middle of that painful task and wonder if yocto community
> has a plan every time yocto do this switch
>
> Thanks a lot for all the help
>
> Regards
>
> Victor Rodriguez

* Re: GCC 4.9 to 5.0
@ 2015-03-26 19:59   ` Victor Rodriguez
From: Victor Rodriguez @ 2015-03-26 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mar 25, 2015, at 9:28 AM, Victor Rodriguez <vm.rod25@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> HI everyone
>>
>> Does anybody knows if there is a best known method/plan/test suite for
>> moving from one version of gcc to another ?
>>

> we generate cross testing driver in the build tree for gcc-cross which should help
> in running the dejagnu in cross env. Unfortunately it has stopped working after libgcc
> was separated out. So it might need some fix. but you should see <cross>-testgcc script
> generated in build tree.

Thanks a lot for the help .. I am not doing cross compiling. However
all these help is really appreciated

Regards