On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Fengguang Wu wrote: > Hello, > > FYI this happens in mainline kernel 4.14.0-12891-gc8a0739. > It at least dates back to v4.11. > > It occurs in 4 out of 4 boots. I see that this is the result of CONFIG_DEBUG_TEST_DRIVER_REMOVE=y, which tries to remove the device immediately after probing. The ATA_PFLAG_UNLOADED only gets set in ata_eh_unload(), it looks like that never gets called when we unload while ATA_PFLAG_INITIALIZING is still set during async probing. Arnd