On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 2:57 AM Parav Pandit wrote: > > Apologies for the tardy question out of left field, but I've been > > thinking about this some more. If I recall, the primary motivation for > > this was a means to effectively address more VFs? But, why can't the > > device simply expose more bus numbers? > > Several weeks back, Jason already answered this VF scaling question from you at discussion [1]. > > [1] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20201216023928.GG552508@nvidia.com/ True, although I didn't really consider the full cost argument at the time because the core answer was "They can't", however, the fact is, PCI can. Regards, Edwin Peer