* [Qemu-devel] [QGA] Bug of qga?
@ 2017-08-25  2:11 Sam
From: Sam @ 2017-08-25  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi all,

I'm using qga to send `route -n` and `ping` command to guest. But I found
SOMETIMES, the second `ping` command's result is the same as `route -n`
command.

So I guess is there some cache mechanism of qga command result? So when I
send the second command, and receive from qga socket, I receive the result
of first command.

Or is this bug happened because of I use async mechanism of python code to
operate qga socket?

This is the python code I use to operate on this qga socket:

try:
>         sock=socket(AF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM)
>         sock.settimeout(20)
>         sock.connect(vm_qga_sockpath)
>         sock.send(cmd)
>         while True:
>             res = sock.recv(1024)
>             if len(res):
>                 break
>     except Exception as e:
>         res = -1
>     finally:
>         sock.settimeout(None)
>         sock.close()

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [QGA] Bug of qga?
@ 2017-08-25  3:09 ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2017-08-25  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Also I found:

when I use `socat` to take a qga socket, then I use `socat` to communicate
it will got error.
But also SOMETIMES, I will not got error and will communicate OK.

If one user take qga socket, another user should got error, is it? But why
sometimes, the communicate is OK?

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using qga to send `route -n` and `ping` command to guest. But I found
> SOMETIMES, the second `ping` command's result is the same as `route -n`
> command.
>
> So I guess is there some cache mechanism of qga command result? So when I
> send the second command, and receive from qga socket, I receive the result
> of first command.
>
> Or is this bug happened because of I use async mechanism of python code to
> operate qga socket?
>
> This is the python code I use to operate on this qga socket:
>
> try:
>>         sock=socket(AF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM)
>>         sock.settimeout(20)
>>         sock.connect(vm_qga_sockpath)
>>         sock.send(cmd)
>>         while True:
>>             res = sock.recv(1024)
>>             if len(res):
>>                 break
>>     except Exception as e:
>>         res = -1
>>     finally:
>>         sock.settimeout(None)
>>         sock.close()

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [QGA] Bug of qga?
@ 2017-08-29  5:52   ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2017-08-29  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I could repeat this several times, I think it's mis-order of qmp in qga
socket.

> Also I found:
>
> when I use `socat` to take a qga socket, then I use `socat` to communicate
> it will got error.
> But also SOMETIMES, I will not got error and will communicate OK.
>
> If one user take qga socket, another user should got error, is it? But why
> sometimes, the communicate is OK?

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using qga to send `route -n` and `ping` command to guest. But I found
>> SOMETIMES, the second `ping` command's result is the same as `route -n`
>> command.
>>
>> So I guess is there some cache mechanism of qga command result? So when I
>> send the second command, and receive from qga socket, I receive the result
>> of first command.
>>
>> Or is this bug happened because of I use async mechanism of python code
>> to operate qga socket?
>>
>> This is the python code I use to operate on this qga socket:
>>
>> try:
>>>         sock=socket(AF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM)
>>>         sock.settimeout(20)
>>>         sock.connect(vm_qga_sockpath)
>>>         sock.send(cmd)
>>>         while True:
>>>             res = sock.recv(1024)
>>>             if len(res):
>>>                 break
>>>     except Exception as e:
>>>         res = -1
>>>     finally:
>>>         sock.settimeout(None)
>>>         sock.close()

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [QGA] Bug of qga?
@ 2017-08-29  6:19     ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2017-08-29  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel, qemu-discuss

So how to fix this bug? And where should I to report bug?

> I could repeat this several times, I think it's mis-order of qmp in qga
> socket.

>> Also I found:
>>
>> when I use `socat` to take a qga socket, then I use `socat` to
>> communicate it will got error.
>> But also SOMETIMES, I will not got error and will communicate OK.
>>
>> If one user take qga socket, another user should got error, is it? But
>> why sometimes, the communicate is OK?

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm using qga to send `route -n` and `ping` command to guest. But I
>>> found SOMETIMES, the second `ping` command's result is the same as `route
>>> -n` command.
>>>
>>> So I guess is there some cache mechanism of qga command result? So when
>>> I send the second command, and receive from qga socket, I receive the
>>> result of first command.
>>>
>>> Or is this bug happened because of I use async mechanism of python code
>>> to operate qga socket?
>>>
>>> This is the python code I use to operate on this qga socket:
>>>
>>> try:

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [QGA] Bug of qga?
@ 2017-08-29  9:04       ` Sameeh Jubran
From: Sameeh Jubran @ 2017-08-29  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam; +Cc: QEMU Developers, qemu-discuss

Hi Sam,

Thanks for reporting this, in order to debug this efficiently I need you to
provide me with more info, if you can provide it that would be great.
Can you reproduce the issue with ncat? You can use ncat to connect to the
socket by running the following command:

nc -U /tmp/qga.sock

Which OS are you running? Which qemu-ga version are you running? can you
reproduce with upstream qemu-ga?

--
Respectfully,
*Sameeh Jubran*

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [QGA] Bug of qga?
@ 2017-08-30  6:20         ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2017-08-30  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sameeh Jubran; +Cc: QEMU Developers, qemu-discuss

Hi all,

I could repeat it, host os and guest os is Centos-7, qemu-ga is alive in
guest. the step to repeat it is:

1. run python script just like the first email.
2. send qmp command1(cmd in the python script, like `route -n` command or
something, of course it's qmp format), and interrupt it immediately(use
`ctrl+c`).
3. then use that script to send command2(do not send command1) again, then
you could get the result of command1.

@ 2017-08-30  6:22           ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2017-08-30  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sameeh Jubran; +Cc: QEMU Developers, qemu-discuss

Qemu-2.6.0

@ 2017-09-12 14:59             ` Sameeh Jubran
From: Sameeh Jubran @ 2017-09-12 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam; +Cc: QEMU Developers, qemu-discuss

Hi Sam,

Can you share the whole python script you use in order to execute the
commands? This wasn't clear from what you've sent earlier, however we
already tried to reproduce the issue using ncat while manually inserting
the JSON strings for the route -n and the ping commands.

Here is the test run:

{"execute":"guest-exec","arguments":{"path":"/sbin/route","arg":["-n"],"capture-output":
true}}
{"return": {"pid": 2628}}
{"execute":"guest-exec","arguments":{"path":"/bin/ping","capture-output":
true }}
{"return": {"pid": 2629}}
{"execute":"guest-exec-status","arguments":{"pid": 2628}}
{"return": {"exitcode": 0, "out-data":
"S2VybmVsIElQIHJvdXRpbmcgdGFibGUKRGVzdGluYXRpb24gICAgIEdhdGV3YXkgICAgICAgICBHZW5tYXNrICAgICAgICAgRmxhZ3MgTWV0cmljIFJlZiAgICBVc2UgSWZhY2UKMC4wLjAuMCAgICAgICAgIDEwLjAuMC4xNTAgICAgICAwLjAuMC4wICAgICAgICAgVUcgICAgMTAwICAgIDAgICAgICAgIDAgZW5zNAoxMC4wLjAuMCAgICAgICAgMC4wLjAuMCAgICAgICAgIDI1NS4yNTUuMC4wICAgICBVICAgICAxMDAgICAgMCAgICAgICAgMCBlbnM0Cg==",
"exited": true}}
{"execute":"guest-exec-status","arguments":{"pid": 2629}}
{"return": {"exitcode": 2, "err-data":
"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",
"exited": true}}