hi Denis,

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, 18:31 Denis Kenzior, <denkenz@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Giacinto,

> The idea would be to just store the values in the driver but not in the
> module,
> and then send them before attaching, so that the verification can be
> consistent and all,
> just like for the gprs-context atom.

Yes, but that is not what you outlined in the code.  You were watching
for SIM_STATE_READY which only means just that.

Also note that we can bring the modem online even in pre_sim state (e.g.
for emergency calls), in which case the lte atom doesn't exist yet.

where should a hook be placed then?
this looked to me a good place, just before bringing it online.
if there is no atom, no config and everything is ok anyway.

> so the idea would be to check if a new method, that I have tentatively
> called set_property(),
> exists. If so, use the reviewed stile above, otherwise fallback to the
> current function.

I don't see what set_property is buying you.  Anyway, feel free to come
up with a more detailed proposal, but my impression is that this
approach will quickly become way too complicated.

I think now i got you. The existing function could be used, but the driver only stores the values internally because it knows it will ve called later for sending the commands.

Regards,
-Denis