* Where to know the BAR size of NVIDIA GPU
@ 2017-02-13  9:52 Shawn Lin
       [not found] ` <f46ddf2b-b4f1-1c07-181b-1d08c3e6bdc0-TNX95d0MmH7DzftRWevZcw@public.gmane.org>
From: Shawn Lin @ 2017-02-13  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

Hi floks,

I have a platform that only could provide 32MB memory space for
PCIe endpoint. So if I would like to use a NVIDIA GPU, could you
,nouveau folks, kindly point me to the right products that require
less that 32MB MEM, so I could buy one before knowing that my platform
could use it. :)

Thanks.

* Re: Where to know the BAR size of NVIDIA GPU
       [not found] ` <f46ddf2b-b4f1-1c07-181b-1d08c3e6bdc0-TNX95d0MmH7DzftRWevZcw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-02-17 17:26   ` Ilia Mirkin
From: Ilia Mirkin @ 2017-02-17 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn Lin; +Cc: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

Can you elaborate what you mean by "32MB memory space"? Do you mean
that the sum of the PCI memory regions has to be under 32MB? If so,
you may be out of luck, the VRAM BAR is always at least 64MB for GPUs
that have PCIe interfaces. See

https://envytools.readthedocs.io/en/latest/hw/bus/bars.html#bar1-vram-aperture