* Error -28
@ 2020-04-19  7:44 Christian Calderon
       [not found] ` <9CF7997B-7987-4444-85BF-2FB3AC0E030F-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Christian Calderon @ 2020-04-19  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

I’m having trouble getting my GTX 1050 Ti working in Debian Sid. This machine is a PowerMac G5, 2.3 GHz Dual Core. I’m using a Quadro FX 4500 as well and it seems to work as expected. I’ve installed the firmware-linux-nonfree package, which seems to have the required firmware for the GTX 1050 Ti. In dmesg I see this error after some lines which mention “direct-loading firmware”:

    nouveau 0001:06:00.0: gr ctor failed, -28

Any ideas on how to fix this?

* Re: Error -28
       [not found] ` <9CF7997B-7987-4444-85BF-2FB3AC0E030F-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-19 16:11   ` Ilia Mirkin
From: Ilia Mirkin @ 2020-04-19 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Calderon; +Cc: nouveau

Does it print anything else before that?

There's definitely some dubious endian-unsafe code in the later
nouveau stuff. For example, nvkm_falcon_v1_read_dmem seems to make
assumptions about CPU being LE, based on a quick read of the code, and
I would expect the file header parsing stuff does too.

Cheers,

  -ilia