* cifs.upcall debugging
@ 2022-09-29  4:42 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2022-09-29  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Prabhu; +Cc: CIFS

This had should useful things about cifs.upcall (and an earlier one
about debugging cifs.upcall problems e.g. with krb5 mounts returning
errors)

http://sprabhu.blogspot.com/2019/06/howto-cifs-kerberos-mount.html

Shouldn't some of the cifs.upcall debugging info mentioned in an
earlier blog post be also added to wiki.samba.org ? e.g.

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LinuxCIFS_troubleshooting

Any suggestions on how to debug cases where klist shows the principal
but cifs.upcall can't find it - see log entry:

get_tgt_time: unable to get principal

Steve

* Re: cifs.upcall debugging
@ 2022-09-29 22:13 ` Sachin Prabhu
From: Sachin Prabhu @ 2022-09-29 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: CIFS

Hello Steve,

Good to hear from you. I will consider what parts should be added to
the wiki. It has been so long since I've debugged this part, that I
need to refresh my memory before I can give you a good answer.

get_tgt_time: unable to get principal

The strace for the cifs.upcall helper is available at
http://sprabhu.blogspot.com/2014/12/debugging-calls-to-cifsupcall.html
The debug logging for the cifs.upcall is pretty good and if you can
see the debug output, you can get a pretty good idea. If not, the
strace will show where it fails in obtaining the tgt and usually
contains the debug messages from the cifs.upcall.

Sachin Prabhu