* [U-Boot] Disable tftp and access
@ 2015-01-20 19:09 Jakub Jančo
From: Jakub Jančo @ 2015-01-20 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

I want to disable uboot tftp on my device and if uboot allow some
login/access(eg. by console) then disable it too.

My aim is to lock uboot except booting image(OS), I want manage it only
from OS(changing env variables only from OS)

I want to ask what env variables I should change to disable tftp functions
and access?

Thanks,
Kubco

* [U-Boot] Disable tftp and access
@ 2015-01-21  7:11 ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2015-01-21  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Jakub,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:09:21 +0100, Jakub Jan?o <kubco2@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to disable uboot tftp on my device and if uboot allow some
> login/access(eg. by console) then disable it too.
>
> My aim is to lock uboot except booting image(OS), I want manage it only
> from OS(changing env variables only from OS)
>
> I want to ask what env variables I should change to disable tftp functions
> and access?

Basically, you should look into the bootdelay and stdin variables.

> Thanks,
> Kubco

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] Disable tftp and access
@ 2015-01-23 17:41   ` Jakub Jančo
From: Jakub Jančo @ 2015-01-23 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Thanks for answer,

according to http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootEnvVariables
if I set bootdelay=0, then will not be possible to tftp image by dhcp or by
push?

I can't find information about possible options for stdin.

Thanks.

--
S pozdravom Jakub Janco

@ 2015-01-31 17:00     ` Jakub Jančo
From: Jakub Jančo @ 2015-01-31 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

can someone help me disable serial access to uboot?

--
S pozdravom Jakub Janco

@ 2015-01-31 22:04       ` Nable
From: Nable @ 2015-01-31 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi!

I haven't tested this approach, but you can define the following variables
in your board config (see include/configs/mimc200.h for example):
#define CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE       /* enable silent startup */
#define CONFIG_DISABLE_CONSOLE      /* disable console */
#define CONFIG_SYS_DEVICE_NULLDEV   /* include nulldev device */

Then you can set "stdin=nulldev\0" in your environment. I hope it helps.

I should also mention that if you are going to sell devices and want to
completely disable access to the firmware/software, then you should also
somehow disable debug ports (such as JTAG).