From: Xiaosong Ma <xma@qf.org.qa>
To: song@kernel.org, linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Cc: ty-jiang18@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn,
	Guangyan Zhang <gyzh@tsinghua.edu.cn>,
	wei-jy19@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Subject: Fwd: Fw: some questions about uploading a Linux kernel driver
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 15:26:39 +0300	[thread overview]

Dear Song,

This is Xiaosong Ma from Qatar Computing Research Institute. I am
writing to follow up with the questions posed by a co-author from
Tsinghua U, regarding upstreaming our alternative md implementation
that is designed to significantly reduce SSD RAID latency (both median
and tail) for large SSD pools (such as 20-disk or more).

We read the Linux kernel upstreaming instructions, and believe that
our implementation has excellent separability from the current code
base (as a plug-and-play module with identical interfaces as md).
Meanwhile, we wonder whether there are standard test cases or
preferred applications that we should test our system with, before
doing code cleaning up. Your guidance is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Xiaosong

Dr. Xiaosong Ma
Principal Scientist