From: Alistair Francis <alistair23@gmail.com>
To: Seth K <skintigh@gmail.com>
Cc: "qemu-devel@nongnu.org Developers" <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Baremetal Netduino2 -- cannot output on UARTs 2-4
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 09:59:28 -0700	[thread overview]

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Seth K <skintigh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have made a bare metal "Hello World" program for the Netduino2. I have
> pushed it here:
>
> https://github.com/skintigh/baremetal_netduino2
>
> It should output "Test 1/4" to USART 1, "Test 2/4" to USART 2, "Test 3/4"
> to USART 3 and "Test 4/4" to UART 4.
>
> What actually happens in QEMU is only the first string is output. That may
> be a command line argument error on my part, so for a sanity check I put
> printf statements in the function stm32f2xx_usart_write in
> qemu/hw/char/stm32f2xx_usart.c and recompiled qemu. The result is text sent
> to UART1 and UART4 make is to the function (though only 1 is output), while
> writes to 2 and 3 simply disappear and never make it to that function. I
> assumed all writes to UARTs would go to that function.
>
> Am I doing something dumb? Is this a bug? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Hello Seth,

I haven't looked at the multiple UART problem in a while. It sounds
like your command line arguments are incorrect.

Have a look at this wiki page for details on what the serial options
should look like:
https://github.com/alistair23/qemu/wiki/Getting-Started

If that doesn't work can you copypaste your command line arguments?

Thanks,

Alistair