From: 惠轶群 <huiyiqun@gmail.com>
To: Pranit Bauva <pranit.bauva@gmail.com>
Cc: Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com>, Git List <git@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GSoC] A late proposal: a modern send-email
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 18:18:55 +0800	[thread overview]

To make it clearer:

1. there are so many great mail clients, why not let these experts to handle the
    dispatch of mail?

For example, as a One-time-password user of gmail, I have to generate an app
password for each terminal device I'd like to send patch on.

It's more important that I could not use my favorite mail client which
has contact
list, familiar interface and more personal configuration.

Why not let one program just do one thing and do it best?

In my opinion, `mailto` is a suitable method. git is one of the best
version control
systems. So it forms basic structure of the mail according to the
patches and passes it
to the best mail client. How amazing.

2. But this workload is not enough for whole summer. I thought I could do other
    interesting things based on the `mailto` link.

mail client is a straightforward choice.

In fact, I meant to implement an interface more friendly to new users.
no matter how
it is implemented or what it is based on. The first time I send patch
via gmail is not a
happy memory.