From: Pablo Llopis <pllopis@arcos.inf.uc3m.es>
To: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@citrix.com>
Cc: "xen-devel@lists.xen.org" <xen-devel@lists.xen.org>
Subject: Re: Crash/trace when starting oprofile
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 23:53:50 +0200	[thread overview]

I tried the patches on a vanilla 3.2.13 kernel (patches applied cleanly
\o/) with success!

In case this is helps anybody in the future, the issue here was that
ubuntu's 3.0.0.x kernels with xen-hypervisor 4.1.1 and oprofile 0.9.6 did
not work properly.
In addition to building a stock kernel, I had to build the hypervisor from
source in order to obtain the xen-syms image corresponding to hypervisor
version 4.1.1, the one you specify with --xen to oprofile. (I did this with
apt-get source in order to ensure that I was obtaining the same version).

Thank you for your help,

Pablo