From: Filipe Manana <fdmanana@gmail.com>
To: Jayashree Mohan <jayashree2912@gmail.com>
Cc: Vijay Chidambaram <vvijay03@gmail.com>,
	linux-btrfs <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>,
	Soujanya Ponnapalli <soujanyap95@gmail.com>,
	ashmrtn@utexas.edu
Subject: Re: Strange behavior (possible bugs) in btrfs
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 09:56:48 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 9:35 PM Jayashree Mohan <jayashree2912@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Filipe,
>
> This is to follow up the status of crash consistency bugs we reported
> on btrfs. We see that there has been a patch(not in the kernel yet)
> (https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org/msg77875.html)
> that resolves one of the reported bugs. However, the other bugs we
> reported still exist on the latest kernel (4.19-rc1), even with the
> submitted patch. Here is the list of other inconsistencies we
> reported, along with the workload to reproduce them :
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg77219.html
>
> We just wanted to ensure that resolving these are on your to-do list.
> Additionally, if there are more patches queued to address these
> issues, please let us know.

Hi,

I go through the issues as time allows. Not all of these are top
priorities for me right now.
Been working on a fix for some of them but they are not yet ready to
submit (need more testing, or cause other problems or are too
complex).
If suddenly there are people hitting any of these issues frequently
and causing trouble I'll give them higher priority.

Thanks.