* Fwd: nfs.5: Add addr mount option for all nfs versions
       [not found] <CAL8eLxVyJYiSmVL1FP6eFNmMQCQZRHO+rYP5Wvv9cyZ+DU_jiQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-03-24 12:19 ` Abhijit Pal
From: Abhijit Pal @ 2015-03-24 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

Hello linux-nfs team,

Thank you for giving your attention and time to my query.

Wanted to get an insight about a problem regarding nfs mount using the
system call mount(2) which was reported by one of the user in
"StackOverflow".

The URL for the problem statement and the accepted solution is:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28350912/nfs-mount-system-call-in-linux

After going through the kernel code(v 3.18.6), I have posted an answer
which worked for the user and was accepted. Was thinking if you can
guide me if the accepted solution is indeed a bug or not. And if the
solution is acceptable would request you to kindly let me know the
process, so that I can send a patch for updating the nfs(5) man page.

Thanks
Abhijit

* Re: Fwd: nfs.5: Add addr mount option for all nfs versions
@ 2015-03-26 17:08   ` Steve Dickson
From: Steve Dickson @ 2015-03-26 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhijit Pal, linux-nfs

On 03/24/2015 08:19 AM, Abhijit Pal wrote:
> Hello linux-nfs team,
>
> Thank you for giving your attention and time to my query.
>
> Wanted to get an insight about a problem regarding nfs mount using the
> system call mount(2) which was reported by one of the user in
> "StackOverflow".
>
> The URL for the problem statement and the accepted solution is:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28350912/nfs-mount-system-call-in-linux
>
> After going through the kernel code(v 3.18.6), I have posted an answer
> which worked for the user and was accepted. Was thinking if you can
> guide me if the accepted solution is indeed a bug or not. And if the
> solution is acceptable would request you to kindly let me know the
> process, so that I can send a patch for updating the nfs(5) man page.

Mail the patch to this list following these guidelines
   https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

steved.

* Re: Fwd: nfs.5: Add addr mount option for all nfs versions
@ 2015-03-26 20:13     ` Abhijit Pal
From: Abhijit Pal @ 2015-03-26 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Dickson; +Cc: linux-nfs

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if the fix is required in the
man page by just adding this option for nfs mount, or there is a need
to fix the mount system call.

In either case I can send the patch. Please advise which would be appropriate.

Thanks
Abhijit