пт, 3 февр. 2023 г. в 09:07, Saravana Kannan : > > On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 9:36 AM Maxim Kiselev wrote: > > > > Hi Saravana, > > > > > Can you try the patch at the end of this email under these > > > configurations and tell me which ones fail vs pass? I don't need logs > > > > I did these tests and here is the results: > > Did you hand edit the In-Reply-To: in the header? Because in the > thread you are reply to the wrong email, but the context in your email > seems to be from the right email. > > For example, see how your reply isn't under the email you are replying > to in this thread overview: > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230127001141.407071-1-saravanak@google.com/#r > > > 1. On top of this series - Not works > > 2. Without this series - Works > > 3. On top of the series with the fwnode_dev_initialized() deleted - Not works > > 4. Without this series, with the fwnode_dev_initialized() deleted - Works > > > > So your nvmem/core.c patch helps only when it is applied without the series. > > But despite the fact that this helps to avoid getting stuck at probing > > my ethernet device, there is still regression. > > > > When the ethernet module is loaded it takes a lot of time to drop dependency > > from the nvmem-cell with mac address. > > > > Please look at the kernel logs below. > > The kernel logs below really aren't that useful for me in their > current state. See more below. > > ---8<---- --->8---- > > > P.S. Your nvmem patch definitely helps to avoid a device probe stuck > > but look like it is not best way to solve a problem which we discussed > > in the MTD thread. > > > > P.P.S. Also I don't know why your nvmem-cell patch doesn't help when it was > > applied on top of this series. Maybe I missed something. > > Yeah, I'm not too sure if the test was done correctly. You also didn't > answer my question about the dts from my earlier email. > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAGETcx8FpmbaRm2CCwqt3BRBpgbogwP5gNB+iA5OEtuxWVTNLA@mail.gmail.com/#t > > So, can you please retest config 1 with all pr_debug and dev_dbg in > drivers/core/base.c changed to the _info variants? And then share the > kernel log from the beginning of boot? Maybe attach it to the email so > it doesn't get word wrapped by your email client. And please point me > to the .dts that corresponds to your board. Without that, I can't > debug much. > > Thanks, > Saravana > Did you hand edit the In-Reply-To: in the header? Because in the > thread you are reply to the wrong email, but the context in your email > seems to be from the right email. Sorry for that, it seems like I accidently deleted it. > So, can you please retest config 1 with all pr_debug and dev_dbg in > drivers/core/base.c changed to the _info variants? And then share the > kernel log from the beginning of boot? Maybe attach it to the email so > it doesn't get word wrapped by your email client. And please point me > to the .dts that corresponds to your board. Without that, I can't > debug much. Ok, I retested config 1 with all _debug logs changed to the _info. I added the kernel log and the dts file to the attachment of this email.