From: "Andreas Müller" <schnitzeltony@googlemail.com>
To: openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org
Subject: IMAGE_FEATURES questions (was [meta-oe][RFC 00/27] systemd / initmanager rework)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:40:52 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 14:35, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Andreas Müller
>> <schnitzeltony@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >  What I have already
>> >  detected after a build from scatch is that /var/lib/opkg is missing in
>> the
>> >  image (although it can be found in libopkg.ipk).
>> Hmm Last night I had a build from scratch without these patches and
>> have the same - this seems a different issue...
>

> You need to add package-management onto IMAGE_FEATURES or it will be
> dropped if all postinst has runned fine in rootfs generation.

I added into my image

IMAGE_FEATURES += "package-management"

and after rebuild find the missing directories in my image. Looking
around in my environment gives:

* angstrom sets
meta-angstrom/conf/distro/include/angstrom-core-tweaks.inc:EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES
??= "package-management"
* in my local.conf I have (taken from OE-core local.conf.sample - long
time ago) EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
* EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES is added to IMAGE_FEATURES in bitbake.conf.

If I understand this right, the angstrom default is kicked out by my
local.conf. Since I use this configuration for a while now: What has
changed causing the directories missing?

Andreas