From: Sitsofe Wheeler <sitsofe@gmail.com>
To: Saju Nair <saju.mad.nair@gmail.com>
Cc: "fio@vger.kernel.org" <fio@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: FIO -- A few basic questions on Data Integrity.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 16:43:31 +0000	[thread overview]

(Re-sending take 2 because Google's mobile web client forced HTML mail)

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you got to the bottom of things - were you able to
get dd to return the same data as fio in the end and if so how (it
might help others)? What was the change that solved your HW issue
(again it might help someone else in the future)?

Re verification speed: When you say the speed is one tenth that of
regular reads are the "regular" reads also using numjobs=1? If not the
comparison isn't fair and you need to rerun it with numjobs=1
everywhere and tell us what the difference was for those runs.

Re store data to RAM: as stated in previous emails fio isn't a bulk
data copying/moving tool so you would have to write new code to make
it act as such.

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/