Shuah, Apologies for the spam. I didn't format the initial correctly and needed two more tries to get it right (according to the kernel standard/best-practice). I can resubmit this patch. Thanks On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 10:39 AM Shuah Khan wrote: > Hi Mohammed, > > Thanks for your patch. > > On 8/12/20 5:43 PM, Mohammed Billoo wrote: > > This semantic patch looks for variables that are initialized to > > constants, arrays that are both declared and indexed with constants. > > A false positive will occur when a variable is initialized to 0, which > > must happen for auto variables. This will be resolved in a future patch. > > > > The patch was tested against the following snippet: > > > > int main() > > { > > int iarr[54]; /* instance 1 */ > > int j = 0; /* instance 2 */ > > int i = 1; /* instance 3 */ > > iarr[0] = 3; /* instance 4 */ > > return 0; > > } > > > > and it correctly identified instances 1, 3, and 4. It incorrectly > > identified instance 2, which will be addressed in a future patch. > > Please include the output from the tool that corresponds to your > changes to the script in the commit log on a kernel file. > > Also I see 3 patches with incremental changes to the script. Please > make this a patch series which will make it easier for reviewers. > > thanks, > -- Shuah > -- Mohammed A Billoo Founder MAB Labs, LLC www.mab-labs.com 201-338-2022