On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 1:01 PM Tim Hockin wrote: > In the example above: > > root > / \ > A D > / \ > B C > > Does oom_group allow me to express "compare A and D; if A is chosen > compare B and C; kill the loser" ? As I understand the proposal (from > reading thread, not patch) it does not. It will let you compare A and D and if A is chosen then kill A, B and C. > > On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Michal Hocko wrote: > > On Mon 02-10-17 12:45:18, Shakeel Butt wrote: > >> > I am sorry to cut the rest of your proposal because it simply goes > over > >> > the scope of the proposed solution while the usecase you are > mentioning > >> > is still possible. If we want to compare intermediate nodes (which > seems > >> > to be the case) then we can always provide a knob to opt-in - be it > your > >> > oom_gang or others. > >> > >> In the Roman's proposed solution we can already force the comparison > >> of intermediate nodes using 'oom_group', I am just requesting to > >> separate the killall semantics from it. > > > > oom_group _is_ about killall semantic. And comparing killable entities > > is just a natural thing to do. So I am not sure what you mean > > > > -- > > Michal Hocko > > SUSE Labs >