On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Peter Xu wrote: > On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 11:40:04AM +0200, Aviv B.D. wrote: > [...] > > As far as I understand the code, currently there is no way to turn off > the > > IOTLB. > > Furthermore. the IOTLB is not implemented as LRU, and actually caches > > (indefinitely) > > any accessed address, without any size constrains. I use those > assumptions > > to know > > whether the current invalidation is for unmap operation or map operation. > > Please have a look at VTD_IOTLB_MAX_SIZE. It seems to be the size of > the hash. > > Btw, I guess it's a much bigger problem if IOTLB has unlimited cache > size... > > Thanks. -- peterx > You are correct, VTD_IOTLB_MAX_SIZE limits the cache size (and reset the whole cache if this threshold exceeds...) I will think on another mechanism to identify the correct action for each invalidation. Thanks, Aviv.