Hello Julien, Thank you for informative way. However, the git tree also seems broken. I have faced several problems, and some of them are as follows. 1. libxc compilation error. In xc_dom.h, declares the following function. int xc_dom_feature_translated(struct xc_dom_image *dom); However, the function is differently defined at the following locations, differently. xc_core_arm.h has macro that has the same name; and xc_dom_arm.c has static function. Fortunately, they seem to function in the same way. Thus, one of them can be eliminated. 2. several files under blktap/blktap2 have type mismatch conflicts. (mostly off_t and uint64_t) They have to be re-touched so that the compiler would not complains about it. On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Julien Grall wrote: > On 04/03/2013 12:57 PM, See-Hwan Yoo wrote: > > > Thank you, Stefano: > > I have checked -vvv and it seems that xl is looking for a file that is > > missing. I've included the printed message at the tail of the mail. > > I've farmed xl tools through Ian campbell's cross toolchain wiki. > > > > Making cross toolchain using schroot is a good way around building the > > xen tools, but documentation could be improved if it includes the > > following facts. > > Because the current arndale board's rootfs snapshot does not include the > > proper python library tools, it firstly complains about some missing > > python modules such as 'commands'. > > In addition, libyajl library files are also missing. In the > > cross-compiling phase, I've installed those library's dev port to > > schroot build directory; however, it has to be explicitly copied to the > > rootfs so that libxenguest/libxenlight can refer those libraries. > > Namely, the dependent libraries have to be included in the root file > > system; I hope the document includes specifically which libraries have > > run-time dependency, and which modules are required to run. > > > > Finally, I am curious about the mismatch in the two debug console > > options: in the bootargs options console=dbgp (given in dts), and codes > > in start_xen() shows > > exynos5_uart_init(2, FIXMAP_ADDR, ...); > > It seems like uart2 is fixed to use as console; but the code seems work > > only when console=dbgp. > > How about using console=com1/2 instead of dbgp? (it seems more > intuitive.) > > Xen can use up to 3 serials port with the following name: com1, com2, dbgp. > The first is assigned to value 0 and the last 2. > Here, index 2 (ie dbgp) is used because log will output to the second UART. > But it's completely unrelated, and it was for a first draft. > > I'm currently trying to clean up the code for the exynos5 in order to have > a single code base for all ARM platforms. I'll plan to modify serial > handling for ARM at that time. > > > The log from xl create with -vvv option is as follows: > > xl -vvv create dom1 > > Parsing config from dom1 > > libxl: verbose: libxl_create.c:130:libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault: > > qemu-xen is unavailable, use qemu-xen-traditional instead: No such file > > or directory > > libxl: debug: libxl_create.c:1236:do_domain_create: ao 0x2ea28: create: > > how=(nil) callback=(nil) poller=0x2e6a8 > > xc: detail: domctl operation failed -- need to rebuild the user-space > > tool set? > > > Which tree do you use to build the tools? You need to use > git clone --branch exynos5250-2013-03-22 git:// > xenbits.xen.org/people/aperard/xen-arm.git > Exynos5 port uses an old tree and it's not compatible with recent xen > due to ABI breakage. It should allow you to cross compile tools. > > > libxl: error: libxl_create.c:423:libxl__domain_make: domain creation fail > > libxl: error: libxl_create.c:651:initiate_domain_create: cannot make > > domain: -3 > > libxl: error: libxl.c:1377:libxl__destroy_domid: non-existant domain -1 > > libxl: error: libxl.c:1341:domain_destroy_callback: unable to destroy > > guest with domid 4294967295 > > libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1215:domcreate_destruction_cb: unable to > > destroy domain 4294967295 following failed creation > > libxl: debug: libxl_event.c:1569:libxl__ao_complete: ao 0x2ea28: > > complete, rc=-3 > > libxl: debug: libxl_create.c:1249:do_domain_create: ao 0x2ea28: > > inprogress: poller=0x2e6a8, flags=ic > > libxl: debug: libxl_event.c:1541:libxl__ao__destroy: ao 0x2ea28: destroy > > xc: debug: hypercall buffer: total allocations:5 total releases:5 > > xc: debug: hypercall buffer: current allocations:0 maximum allocations:2 > > xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache current size:2 > > xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache hits:3 misses:2 toobig:0 > > > > > Sincerely yours, > > Julien >