* Update on dmr_C project
@ 2017-03-31  0:30 Dibyendu Majumdar
From: Dibyendu Majumdar @ 2017-03-31  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Sparse

Hi,

Just a quick update on dmr_C project.

+ I am now able to compile minilua using sparse-llvm (dmr_C version)
and run a simple hello.lua script. Even running a simple Lua script
like this entails quite a lot, so I am really pleased to hit this
milestone.

+ The sparse-llvm functionality is now exposed as a library function.

+ All functions with external linkage have been renamed to have prefix of dmrC_.

+ I was finally able to complete the change to ptrlist so that almost
all global state is now gone. There are some static int counters
remaining that I need to fix.

I wanted to thank you for the help given to me over the past few
weeks, and of course for creating Sparse in the first place.

Although there is still more testing to do, and bugs to fix, I will
now start work in parallel on a different backend to sparse that does
not use LLVM. I will report progress when there is something to show.

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu

* Re: Update on dmr_C project
@ 2017-03-31  9:30 ` Luc Van Oostenryck
From: Luc Van Oostenryck @ 2017-03-31  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dibyendu Majumdar; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 2:30 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick update on dmr_C project.
>
> + I am now able to compile minilua using sparse-llvm (dmr_C version)
> and run a simple hello.lua script. Even running a simple Lua script
> like this entails quite a lot, so I am really pleased to hit this
> milestone.

Great!

> I wanted to thank you for the help given to me over the past few
> weeks, and of course for creating Sparse in the first place.
>
> Although there is still more testing to do, and bugs to fix, I will
> now start work in parallel on a different backend to sparse that does
> not use LLVM. I will report progress when there is something to show.

Looking forward.
-- Luc

* Re: Update on dmr_C project
@ 2017-03-31 10:31 ` Christopher Li
From: Christopher Li @ 2017-03-31 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dibyendu Majumdar; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick update on dmr_C project.
>
> + I am now able to compile minilua using sparse-llvm (dmr_C version)
> and run a simple hello.lua script. Even running a simple Lua script
> like this entails quite a lot, so I am really pleased to hit this
> milestone.

That is good news.

Chris