* Silo Bootloader
@ 2011-07-28  8:12 Ghitulete Razvan
From: Ghitulete Razvan @ 2011-07-28  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

Hello,
         I am working on a Sparc port of the minix kernel, and I
thought it would be easier for starters to use SILO as a bootloader.
But I'm having some trouble as I can't figure out how to link the
kernel "draft" so that I can load it from SILO, as i keep getting Fast
Data Access MMU Miss. So my question is, does anyone know whether I
have to manually relocate the assembly code to a certain physical
address, ar any tips whatsoever on how to link/compile the assembly
files so that SILO won't load them in an unmapped memory zone anymore

--
Razvan Ghitulete
Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti

* Re: Silo Bootloader
@ 2011-07-29 10:07 ` Ghitulete Razvan
From: Ghitulete Razvan @ 2011-07-29 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

I've manage to narrow it down a little, and it happens I get that
error after I try to save the openfirmware cif_address in memory,
which is kind of awkward, as the whole binary is no bigger than
several kb, after being converted to an a.out. So there shouldn't be
any overflow of the mapped memory, which should be 8mb. Does anybody
have any suggestions?