On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:57 AM Alexander Kanavin wrote: > On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 17:42, Khem Raj wrote: > >> This still sneaks in pieces of rpm into distros where rpm is not needed >> so better would be to retool dnf to not demand rpm support in libsolv and >> break the dependency chain. Opkg is usually sought for small systems and >> last thing we want is unneeded dependencies >> >> I would rather use the OE configuration powers as such but I am not >> opposed to such a solution >> > > You can always set these things (rpm disabling in libsolv, blacklisting > libdnf/dnf) in your distro configuration, but I would like less complexity > and special-casing in poky, not more, for the pieces that I maintain at > least. > Btw it’s being proposed for Oe-core not poky and in Oe core rpm is not default backend but opkg is Moreover it is being done in a way where poky default are being taken into account I really fail to understand your line of arguments Here I am sorry, there seems to be no technical arguments for alternatives but for convenience I certainly can this goes unsaid and it just takes distro one step away from Oe-core > Alex >