* Compilation error : No GNU_HASH in elf bianry
@ 2017-06-29  4:29 Pawar, Alok
From: Pawar, Alok @ 2017-06-29  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am using krogoth release and I am facing one issue in custom bitbake file.

When I am doing bitbake with custom bb file the following error is coming :
"No GNU_HASH in the elf binary"
In custom bb file, I am trying to copy precompiled binary and library.
I tried also with Flag : FILES_${PN} += , but face same issue.

Best Regards
Alok Pawar
Sr. Engineer Product Development
Harman Connected Services

* Re: Compilation error : No GNU_HASH in elf bianry
@ 2017-06-29  4:50 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-06-29  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pawar, Alok; +Cc: yocto

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Pawar, Alok <Alok.Pawar3@harman.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using krogoth release and I am facing one issue in custom bitbake file.
>

> When I am doing bitbake with custom bb file the following error is coming :
>
> “No GNU_HASH in the elf binary”
>
> In custom bb file, I am trying to copy precompiled binary and library.
>
> I tried also with Flag : FILES_${PN} += , but face same issue.

this error means you have an issue in Makefiles where
linker flags are not being respected.

I would suggest to add CFLAGS and LDFLAGS both to
linker cmdline in Makefile.

Other option is to set

TARGET_CC_ARCH += "${LDFLAGS}"

in your bb file but I would rather like to see it fixed in
right place which is the Makefile.

> Best Regards
>
> Alok Pawar
>
> Sr. Engineer Product Development
>
> Harman Connected Services

* Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Compilation error : No GNU_HASH in elf bianry
@ 2017-06-29  4:53   ` Pawar, Alok
From: Pawar, Alok @ 2017-06-29  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Hi Raj,

I am not using any Makefile, actually I am only copying multiple binary and library(which are already compiled) using bb file.