* [meta-toraxdex] unrecoverable build error
@ 2016-09-25  6:10 Karim ATIKI
From: Karim ATIKI @ 2016-09-25  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

hi,

During a core-image-x11  build   (yocto krogoth, meta-toradex) , I got the following error I never encountered with Yocto:

ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: The recipe xf86-input-evdev is trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:
   /home/kai/yocto/colibri-t20-kts/tmp/sysroots/colibri-t20/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
 Matched in manifest-colibri-t20-xserver-xorg.populate_sysroot
Please verify which recipe should provide the above files.
The build has stopped as continuing in this scenario WILL break things, if not now, possibly in the future (we've seen builds fail several months later). If the system knew how to recover from this automatically it would however there are several different scenarios which can result in this and we don't know which one this is. It may be you have switched providers of something like virtual/kernel (e.g. from linux-yocto to linux-yocto-dev), in that case you need to execute the clean task for both recipes and it will resolve this error. It may be you changed DISTRO_FEATURES from systemd to udev or vice versa. Cleaning those recipes should again resolve this error however switching DISTRO_FEATURES on an existing build directory is not supported, you should really clean out tmp and rebuild (reusing sstate should be safe). It could be the overlapping files detected are harmless in which case adding them to SSTATE_DUPWHITELIST may be the correct solution. It could also be your build is including two different conflicting versions of things (e.g. bluez 4 and bluez 5 and the correct solution for that would be to resolve the conflict. If in doubt, please ask on the mailing list, sharing the error and filelist above.
ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: If the above message is too much, the simpler version is you're advised to wipe out tmp and rebuild (reusing sstate is fine). That will likely fix things in most (but not all) cases.
ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: Function failed: sstate_task_postfunc
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/kai/yocto/colibri-t20-kts/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/xf86-input-evdev/2_2.10.1-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.639
ERROR: Task 2181 (/home/kai/yocto/poky-toradex/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-input-evdev_2.10.1.bb, do_populate_sysroot) failed with exit code '1'

I cant' get rid of this error. I have deleted the tmp and sstate-cache...nothing. it always occurs again.

Any idea?

Z.

* Re: [meta-toraxdex] unrecoverable build error
@ 2016-09-26  7:28 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-09-26  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karim ATIKI; +Cc: yocto

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Karim ATIKI <karim_atiki@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>

> During a core-image-x11  build   (yocto krogoth, meta-toradex) , I got the
> following error I never encountered with Yocto:
>

> ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: The recipe
> xf86-input-evdev is trying to install files into a shared area when those
> files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:
>
> /home/kai/yocto/colibri-t20-kts/tmp/sysroots/colibri-t20/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
>  Matched in manifest-colibri-t20-xserver-xorg.populate_sysroot
> Please verify which recipe should provide the above files.
> The build has stopped as continuing in this scenario WILL break things, if
> not now, possibly in the future (we've seen builds fail several months
> later). If the system knew how to recover from this automatically it would
> however there are several different scenarios which can result in this and
> we don't know which one this is. It may be you have switched providers of
> something like virtual/kernel (e.g. from linux-yocto to linux-yocto-dev), in
> that case you need to execute the clean task for both recipes and it will
> resolve this error. It may be you changed DISTRO_FEATURES from systemd to
> udev or vice versa. Cleaning those recipes should again resolve this error
> however switching DISTRO_FEATURES on an existing build directory is not
> supported, you should really clean out tmp and rebuild (reusing sstate
> should be safe). It could be the overlapping files detected are harmless in
> which case adding them to SSTATE_DUPWHITELIST may be the correct solution.
> It could also be your build is including two different conflicting versions
> of things (e.g. bluez 4 and bluez 5 and the correct solution for that would
> be to resolve the conflict. If in doubt, please ask on the mailing list,
> sharing the error and filelist above.
> ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: If the above
> message is too much, the simpler version is you're advised to wipe out tmp
> and rebuild (reusing sstate is fine). That will likely fix things in most
> (but not all) cases.
> ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: Function failed:
> sstate_task_postfunc
> ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
> /home/kai/yocto/colibri-t20-kts/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/xf86-input-evdev/2_2.10.1-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.639
> ERROR: Task 2181
> (/home/kai/yocto/poky-toradex/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-input-evdev_2.10.1.bb,
> do_populate_sysroot) failed with exit code '1'
>

> I cant' get rid of this error. I have deleted the tmp and
> sstate-cache...nothing. it always occurs again.
>

> Any idea?

do you have x11 in DISTRO_FEATURES

@ 2016-09-26  8:18 ` Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2016-09-26  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karim ATIKI; +Cc: yocto

On 25 September 2016 at 09:10, Karim ATIKI <karim_atiki@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> During a core-image-x11  build   (yocto krogoth, meta-toradex) , I got
the following error I never encountered with Yocto:

> ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: The recipe
xf86-input-evdev is trying to install files into a shared area when those
files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:

 /home/kai/yocto/colibri-t20-kts/tmp/sysroots/colibri-t20/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
>  Matched in manifest-colibri-t20-xserver-xorg.populate_sysroot
> Please verify which recipe should provide the above files.

10-evdev.conf was moved from xserver-xorg to to the driver. If you are
using krogoth, xserver-xorg really should be new enough (>=1.18.0) to not
install the file. Does meta-toradex maybe provide an older xorg?

 - Jussi

@ 2016-09-26 12:00   ` Karim ATIKI
From: Karim ATIKI @ 2016-09-26 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jussi Kukkonen; +Cc: yocto

Hi Jussi,

>10-evdev.conf was moved from xserver-xorg to to the driver. If you are using krogoth, xserver-xorg really should be new enough (>=1.18.0) to not install the file.
>Does meta-toradex maybe provide an older xorg?

Actually, I don't know.
In which kind of file can I find this information ?

________________________________

@ 2016-09-26 13:12   ` Karim ATIKI
From: Karim ATIKI @ 2016-09-26 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Hi Khem,

>do you have x11 in DISTRO_FEATURES

No, the DISTRO_FEATURES variable was not even declared in the default local.conf

Karim

________________________________
> During a core-image-x11  build   (yocto krogoth, meta-toradex) , I got the
> following error I never encountered with Yocto:
>

> ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: The recipe
> xf86-input-evdev is trying to install files into a shared area when those
> files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:
>
> /home/kai/yocto/colibri-t20-kts/tmp/sysroots/colibri-t20/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
>  Matched in manifest-colibri-t20-xserver-xorg.populate_sysroot
> Please verify which recipe should provide the above files.
> The build has stopped as continuing in this scenario WILL break things, if
> not now, possibly in the future (we've seen builds fail several months
> later). If the system knew how to recover from this automatically it would
> however there are several different scenarios which can result in this and
> we don't know which one this is. It may be you have switched providers of
> something like virtual/kernel (e.g. from linux-yocto to linux-yocto-dev), in
> that case you need to execute the clean task for both recipes and it will
> resolve this error. It may be you changed DISTRO_FEATURES from systemd to
> udev or vice versa. Cleaning those recipes should again resolve this error
> however switching DISTRO_FEATURES on an existing build directory is not
> supported, you should really clean out tmp and rebuild (reusing sstate
> should be safe). It could be the overlapping files detected are harmless in
> which case adding them to SSTATE_DUPWHITELIST may be the correct solution.
> It could also be your build is including two different conflicting versions
> of things (e.g. bluez 4 and bluez 5 and the correct solution for that would
> be to resolve the conflict. If in doubt, please ask on the mailing list,
> sharing the error and filelist above.
> ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: If the above
> message is too much, the simpler version is you're advised to wipe out tmp
> and rebuild (reusing sstate is fine). That will likely fix things in most
> (but not all) cases.
> ERROR: xf86-input-evdev-2_2.10.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot: Function failed:
> sstate_task_postfunc
> ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
> /home/kai/yocto/colibri-t20-kts/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/xf86-input-evdev/2_2.10.1-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.639
> ERROR: Task 2181
> (/home/kai/yocto/poky-toradex/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-input-evdev_2.10.1.bb,
> do_populate_sysroot) failed with exit code '1'
>

> I cant' get rid of this error. I have deleted the tmp and
> sstate-cache...nothing. it always occurs again.
>

> Any idea?

> Z.

lists.yoctoproject.org
Discussion of all things about the Yocto Project. Read our Community Guidelines or learn more about how to participate in other community discussions.

* Re: [meta-toraxdex] unrecoverable build error
@ 2016-09-30  8:24     ` Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2016-09-30  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karim ATIKI; +Cc: yocto