Hello Mike, I haven't read your patch text yet. I am waiting for the subsystem maintainers response at least about the necessity to have this type of changes being merged into the sources (I mean memblock/no-bootmem alteration). If they find it pointless (although I would strongly disagree), then nothing to discuss. Otherwise we can come up with a solution. -Sergey On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 2:56 PM Mike Rapoport wrote: > Hi, > > On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 10:55:53PM +0300, Fancer's opinion wrote: > > Hello, folks > > Regarding the no_bootmem patchset I've sent earlier. > > I'm terribly sorry about huge delay with response. I got sucked in a new > > project, so just didn't have a time to proceed with the series, answer > to the > > questions and resend the set. > > If it is still relevant and needed for community, I can get back to the > series > > on the next week, answer to the Mett's questions (sorry, man, for doing > it so > > long), rebase it on top of the kernel 4.18 and resend the new version. > We also > > can try to combine it with this patch, if it is found convenient. > > So, what would be the best way to move forward? > > > Regards, > > -Sergey > > > > > > On Thu, 26 Jul 2018, 20:20 Paul Burton, wrote: > > > > Hi Mike, > > > > On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 10:03:56AM +0300, Mike Rapoport wrote: > > > Any comments on this? > > > > I haven't looked at this in detail yet, but there was a much larger > > series submitted to accomplish this not too long ago, which needed > > another revision: > > > > > https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/project/linux-mips/list/?series=787& > > state=* > > > > Given that, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if this one smaller patch > is > > enough. > > > > Thanks, > > Paul > > > > -- > Sincerely yours, > Mike. > >