* BeagleBone Black - ti-sgx-ddk not working on yocto Krogoth, what is missing
@ 2016-10-08  1:49 Simon Pelletier-Thibault
From: Simon Pelletier-Thibault @ 2016-10-08  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

I'm trying to use sgx driver for EGL application on BeagleBone Black. I
build a minimal image to test it and it is not working.

I got this:
root@beaglebone:~# sgx_init_test
From: Ruei, Eric @ 2016-10-10 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Pelletier-Thibault; +Cc: meta-ti

Hi, Simon:

Most of the SGX test programs including sgx_init_test will not work anymore because we have switched to DRM-based EGL Window Systems.
Have you tried other SGX test programs at the file system?

-          Weston?

-          QT programs ion top of Weston?

-          Without Weston

o   Kmscube

o   /usr/bin/SGX/demos/Raw/ OGLES2ChameleonMan

o   …

Best regards,

Eric
-----

  "
-----

@ 2016-10-10 14:27   ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-10-10 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruei, Eric; +Cc: meta-ti

FYI, that is not part of meta-ti - both kmscube and SGX demos are part of
meta-arago application layer, not meta-ti BSP layer.

--
Denys

@ 2016-10-10 20:26     ` Simon Pelletier-Thibault
From: Simon Pelletier-Thibault @ 2016-10-10 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-ti

Hi Eric, Denys

Thank you for answering.

I tried the following:
root@beaglebone:~# gles1test1
PVR:(Error): WSEGL_CreateWindowDrawable: Couldn't set CRTC: Invalid
argument [0, ]
'eglCreateWindowSurface' returned egl error 'EGL_BAD_ALLOC' (0x3003)
root@beaglebone:~# gles2test1
--------------------- started ---------------------
PVR:(Error): WSEGL_CreateWindowDrawable: Couldn't set CRTC: Invalid
argument [0, ]
'eglCreateWindowSurface' returned egl error 'EGL_BAD_ALLOC' (0x3003)

I also try other configurations, like core-image-weston. After "adjusting"
mesa so it won't install gbm, weston won't boot and I still errors.

here the weston output:
starting with no config
Loding module/usr/lib/weston/drm-backend.so
output repaint windows is 7 ms maximun
initilizing drm backend
using /dev/dri/card0
loaded module: found gbm_pvr.so
found valid GBM backend : gbm_pvr.so
warning no EGL_EXT_platform_base support of specific platform; failling
back to eglGetDisplay
failed to choose EGL config
failed to initialize egl
fatal: failed to create compositor backend

I think the problem is around the drm thing. I'm not an expert but:
when I look at /dev/dri/*, I see 2 card ( as if there is 2 drm driver)
root@beaglebone:~# ls -lsa /dev/dri/
     0 drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root           120 Jan  1  1970 .
     0 drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         13160 Oct  6 04:22 ..
     0 crw-rw----    1 root     video     226,   0 Jan  1  1970 card0
     0 crw-rw----    1 root     video     226,   1 Jan  1  1970 card1
     0 crw-rw----    1 root     video     226,  64 Jan  1  1970 controlD64
     0 crw-rw----    1 root     video     226, 128 Jan  1  1970 renderD128

also
root@beaglebone:~# ls -lsa /sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver
     0 lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Oct  6 04:31
/sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver ->
../../../../bus/platform/drivers/tilcdc
root@beaglebone:~# ls -lsa /sys/class/drm/card1/device/driver
     0 lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Oct  6 04:35
/sys/class/drm/card1/device/driver ->
../../../../bus/platform/drivers/pvrsrvkm

1. So it sound that there is 2 drm drivers is it normal?
2. Should I change the device three to remove tilcdc, so the only drm
driver will be pvrsrvkm?
3. Is there something to do to ensure libdrm use the SGX driver?

@ 2016-10-11  9:04       ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-10-11  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Pelletier-Thibault; +Cc: meta-ti

Is this what you are looking for?
http://arago-project.org/git/?p=meta-arago.git;a=blob;f=meta-arago-distro/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston/0001-udev-seat-restrict-udev-enumeration-to-card0.patch;hb=HEAD

BTW, you don't need mesa at all, just libgbm, but it requires some massaging
with PREFERRED_PROVIDERs and bbappends to get it going for now, although
there's been some discussion to get it fixed upstream in the future...

--
Denys

@ 2016-10-12  2:40         ` Simon Pelletier-Thibault
From: Simon Pelletier-Thibault @ 2016-10-12  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-ti

Hi Denys,

Thank you, for your answer.

It sound like meta-arago has some of solutions for my problem, I'm going to
try to add this to my build.

Do you have a "recommanded way" to get rid of the mesa/libgbm problem?
For now,
I add this to my local.conf:
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "ti-sgx-ddk-um"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1 = "ti-sgx-ddk-um"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 = "ti-sgx-ddk-um"

I remove manually all the reference of gbm in
meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa.inc. However, it is certainly not the right
way to do it.

Simon

@ 2016-10-13 10:29           ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-10-13 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Pelletier-Thibault; +Cc: meta-ti

You are welcome to poke around in meta-arago.

I set preferences in http://arago-project.org/git/?p=meta-arago.git;a=blob;f=meta-arago-distro/conf/distro/include/arago-prefs.inc;hb=HEAD

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "ti-sgx-ddk-um"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1 = "ti-sgx-ddk-um"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 = "ti-sgx-ddk-um"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libgbm = "libgbm"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libgbm-dev = "libgbm-dev"

And I also change PACKAGECONFIG to remove mesa in http://arago-project.org/git/?p=meta-arago.git;a=blob;f=meta-arago-distro/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston_1.9.0.bbappend;hb=HEAD

PACKAGECONFIG[kms] = "--enable-drm-compositor,--disable-drm-compositor,drm udev libgbm mtdev"

Like I mentioned, second part shouldn't be needed, once upstream separation of
libgbm from mesa happens, which we discussed on oe-core mailing list some time
ago...

--
Denys