* git rebase --interactive using short SHA-1's internally
@ 2013-08-09 19:22 Diogo de Campos
From: Diogo de Campos @ 2013-08-09 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Had some problems rebasing a large repository, fatal error because a
short SHA-1 ref was ambiguous.

After a quick inspection of git-rebase--interactive.sh, I found that
it uses short refs in a few places (git rev-parse --short). Removing
that option fixed my problem.

See:
https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/git-rebase--interactive.sh#L902

--
Diogo Campos

* Re: git rebase --interactive using short SHA-1's internally
@ 2013-08-10  0:50 ` David
From: David @ 2013-08-10  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diogo de Campos; +Cc: git list

On 10 August 2013 05:22, Diogo de Campos <campos@esss.com.br> wrote:
> Had some problems rebasing a large repository, fatal error because a
> short SHA-1 ref was ambiguous.

This recent disussion might also interest you:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/229091

* Re: git rebase --interactive using short SHA-1's internally
@ 2013-08-10  5:28   ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2013-08-10  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David; +Cc: Diogo de Campos, git list

David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> writes:

> On 10 August 2013 05:22, Diogo de Campos <campos@esss.com.br> wrote:
>> Had some problems rebasing a large repository, fatal error because a
>> short SHA-1 ref was ambiguous.
>
> This recent disussion might also interest you:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/229091

I was wondering why the topic looked familiar ;-)

* Re: git rebase --interactive using short SHA-1's internally
@ 2013-08-10 13:17     ` Diogo de Campos
From: Diogo de Campos @ 2013-08-10 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano; +Cc: David, git list

Ooops, that's exactly it =)

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com> wrote:
> David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 10 August 2013 05:22, Diogo de Campos <campos@esss.com.br> wrote:
>>> Had some problems rebasing a large repository, fatal error because a
>>> short SHA-1 ref was ambiguous.
>>
>> This recent disussion might also interest you:
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/229091
>
> I was wondering why the topic looked familiar ;-)

--
Diogo Campos

Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software

BOS - Business Operation Support
Software Engineer