* Windows on ARM64 not able to use attached TPM 2
@ 2021-08-01  0:28 Stefan Berger
From: Stefan Berger @ 2021-08-01  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: eric.auger, Peter Maydell

Hello!

  I maintain the TPM support in QEMU and the TPM emulator (swtpm). I
have a report from a user who would like to use QEMU on ARM64 (aarch64)
with EDK2 and use an attached TPM 2 but it doesn't seem to work for him.
We know that Windows on x86_64 works with EDK2 and can use an attached
TPM 2 (using swtpm). I don't have an aarch64 host myself nor a Microsoft
account to be able to access the Windows ARM64 version, so maybe someone
here has the necessary background, credentials, and hardware to run QEMU
on using kvm to investigate what the problems may be due to on that
platform.

https://github.com/stefanberger/swtpm/issues/493

On Linux it seems to access the TPM emulator with the normal tpm_tis driver.

Regards,

    Stefan

* Re: Windows on ARM64 not able to use attached TPM 2
@ 2021-08-02  9:04 ` Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé @ 2021-08-02  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Berger, qemu-devel
  Cc: eric.auger, Marc-André Lureau, Peter Maydell

Cc'ing Marc-André who is your EDK2 co-maintainer.

@ 2021-08-02  9:51   ` Eric Auger
From: Eric Auger @ 2021-08-02  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé, Stefan Berger, qemu-devel
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Ard Biesheuvel, Ard Biesheuvel, Marc-André Lureau

and also adding Ard if he is aware of any limitation the TPM2
integration may suffer for Windows support. On my end I am only able to
test on Linux atm.

Thanks

Eric

@ 2021-08-02 12:09     ` Ard Biesheuvel
From: Ard Biesheuvel @ 2021-08-02 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Auger
  Cc: Peter Maydell, qemu-devel, Ard Biesheuvel,
	Marc-André Lureau, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	Stefan Berger

On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 at 11:51, Eric Auger <eric.auger@redhat.com> wrote:

> and also adding Ard if he is aware of any limitation the TPM2
> integration may suffer for Windows support. On my end I am only able to
> test on Linux atm.

I never tested Windows with the TPM2 support, so I cannot answer this,
unfortunately.

@ 2021-08-02 13:21       ` Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé @ 2021-08-02 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ard Biesheuvel, Eric Auger, Leif Lindholm
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Ard Biesheuvel, qemu-devel,
	Marc-André Lureau, Stefan Berger

Adding Leif who might add someone who knows ;)

@ 2021-08-02 13:31   ` Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé @ 2021-08-02 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Berger, qemu-devel
  Cc: eric.auger, Marc-André Lureau, Peter Maydell

On 8/2/21 11:04 AM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> Cc'ing Marc-André who is your EDK2 co-maintainer.

Oops sorry, I meant your EDK2 "co-designated Package
Reviewer"

  R: Package Reviewer: Cc address for patches and questions.
     Reviewers help maintainers review code, but don't have push access.
     A designated Package Reviewer is reasonably familiar with the
     Package (or some modules thereof), and/or provides testing or
     regression testing for the Package (or some modules thereof),
     in certain platforms and environments.

OvmfPkg: TCG- and TPM2-related modules
R: Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lureau@redhat.com>
R: Stefan Berger <stefanb@linux.ibm.com>