From: Paul Richards <paul.richards@gmail.com>
To: Patrik Lundquist <patrik.lundquist@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: fs/btrfs/ctree.h:1559 warnings
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 21:16:58 +0100	[thread overview]

On 28 April 2018 at 20:39, Patrik Lundquist <patrik.lundquist@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2018 at 20:54, Paul Richards <paul.richards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I recently upgraded from Linux 4.4.0 to 4.13.0 (Ubuntu 16.04 stock to
>> hwe kernel).
>>
>> Since then, I've noticed lots of btrfs warnings in dmesg (example at
>> the end).  I believe these warnings to be benign, and they relate to
>> my partition not being a multiple of 4KiB in size (I confirmed that
>> alignment is okay in this instance).
>

> Run btrfs rescue fix-device-size <device>.

Excellent, that looks like exactly what I need.  It's a shame my
google-fu didn't uncover it before I posted.

However, the "fix-device-size" sub-command is not available in
btrfs-tools (v4.4) from Ubuntu 16.04.  I guess my original question
still stands.  Is this warning safe for me to ignore?

I will likely upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 in a few months at which point
I'll get a newer btrfs-tools, but until then can I safely ignore this
warning?