On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Joonas Lahtinen < joonas.lahtinen@linux.intel.com> wrote: > On ti, 2016-10-11 at 12:03 -0700, Robert Bragg wrote: > > > > + case DRM_I915_PERF_PROP_MAX: > > > > + BUG(); > > > > > > We already handle this case above, but I guess we still need this in > > > order to silence gcc... > > > > right, and preferable to having a default: case, for the future compiler > warning to handle any new properties here. > > Please, do use MISSING_CASE instead. Daniel is known to get upset for > far less ;) > > Generally consensus is that BUG() is used only when there're no other > options to back out. > thanks for this pointer. I'll add a default: with MISSING_CASE as that looks like an i915-specific convention; though it seems like a real shame to defer missing case issues to runtime errors instead of taking advantage of the compiler complaining at build time that a case has been forgotten. Thanks, - Robert > > Regards, Joonas > -- > Joonas Lahtinen > Open Source Technology Center > Intel Corporation >