* Update 'meta' layer recipes in imx-4.1.15-1.2.0_ga
@ 2018-09-06 10:41 Tarun Tej K
From: Tarun Tej K @ 2018-09-06 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

I am using the BSP version imx-4.1.15-1.2.0_ga
<http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git/log/?h=imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga>
.
What is the best way to update the recipes in 'poky/meta/' layer with
latest versions from
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta without affecting
the changes done in other layers as well as custom layers.

Does 'repo sync' command only updates layers with revision mentioned in
manifest.xml or default.xml. Is that correct?

I tried -
 1. manually copying new versions of required recipes in the respective
locations but it has lot of dependency issues include bitbake utils.
2. 'git pull yocto master' inside poky folder. This resulted in 100s of
merge conflicts
Is there any efficient way for doing this?

Thanks
Tarun

* Re: Update 'meta' layer recipes in imx-4.1.15-1.2.0_ga
@ 2018-09-06 11:20 ` Sivasubramanian Patchaiperumal
From: Sivasubramanian Patchaiperumal @ 2018-09-06 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

If i understand your question correctly, update the revisions of the
corresponding layers (to be updated) in the manifest xml file. Else set the
"revision" to master/any branch to fetch the latest commit of that branch
for that layer.

On 6 September 2018 at 16:11, Tarun Tej K <tarun4690@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the BSP version imx-4.1.15-1.2.0_ga
> <http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git/log/?h=imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga>
> .
> What is the best way to update the recipes in 'poky/meta/' layer with
> latest versions from http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/
> meta without affecting the changes done in other layers as well as custom
> layers.
>
> Does 'repo sync' command only updates layers with revision mentioned in
> manifest.xml or default.xml. Is that correct?
>
> I tried -
>  1. manually copying new versions of required recipes in the respective
> locations but it has lot of dependency issues include bitbake utils.
> 2. 'git pull yocto master' inside poky folder. This resulted in 100s of
> merge conflicts
> Is there any efficient way for doing this?
>
> Thanks
> Tarun

Sivasubramanian

* Re: Update 'meta' layer recipes in imx-4.1.15-1.2.0_ga
@ 2018-09-06 12:21   ` Tarun Tej K
From: Tarun Tej K @ 2018-09-06 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sivasubramanian.patchaiperumal; +Cc: meta-freescale