From: M Ranga Swami Reddy <swamireddy@gmail.com>
To: Yehuda Sadeh <yehuda@redhat.com>
Cc: Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com>, ceph-devel <ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: S3 API Compatibility support
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 18:20:56 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi ,

Could you please check and clarify the below question on object
lifecycle and notification S3 APIs support:

1. To support the bucket lifecycle - we need to support the
moving/deleting the objects/buckets based lifecycle settings.
For ex: If an object lifecyle set as below:
          1. Archive it after 10 days - means move this object to low
cost object storage after 10 days of the creation date.
           2. Remove this object after 90days - mean remove this
object from the low cost object after 90days of creation date.

Q1- Does the ceph support the above concept like moving to low cost
storage and delete from that storage?

2. To support the object notifications:
      - First there should be low cost and high availability storage
with single replica only. If an object created with this type of
object storage,
        There could be chances that object could lose, so if an object
of this type of storage lost, set the notifications.

Q2- Does Ceph support low cost and high availability storage type?

Thanks