On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 10:35 AM Sean Paul wrote: > On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 05:19:50PM +0000, Mauro Rossi wrote: [snip] > > Another question is for Intel and Chromeos developers: are you planning > to > > update your minigbm projects to the new common gralloc_handle.h handle > > structure in latest libdrm? > > > > I assume yes, but I'm not hooked in to what's happening with minigbm. > +1. We can take this to another thread. The main issue is that minigbm assumes a 1:1 planes to handles paradigm, the new generic handle does not. > I'm asking because freedesktop drm_hwcomposer (hwctwo) moved to new libdrm > > gralloc_handle.h handle > > and it would make sense for minigbm to evolve accordingly, > > > > and I'd like to try them in oreo-x86 as a like-for-like replacement > option > > for gbm_gralloc > > Did you see the latest patches from Alistair Strachan to add minigbm as a > supported platform? That might do what you want. > If we move to the common handle, my changes can be dropped. That's the goal, it's just not possible right now.