* do_rootfs fails at master with something about glibc-binary-localedata-...
@ 2018-08-28 14:34 jan vermaete
From: jan vermaete @ 2018-08-28 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I need a bit of help on Yocto.

I have a perfect working project at the latest state of Sumo.
However, building the image when having all meta layers at the latest
state at master fails.

The step 'do_rootfs' gives:
 locale-base-en-gb : Depends: glibc-binary-localedata-en-gb but it is
not going to be installed
 locale-base-en-us : Depends: glibc-binary-localedata-en-us but it is
not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).
--

Could somebody point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

* Re: do_rootfs fails at master with something about glibc-binary-localedata-...
@ 2018-08-28 14:48 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2018-08-28 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jan vermaete; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

> I have a perfect working project at the latest state of Sumo.
> However, building the image when having all meta layers at the latest
> state at master fails.
>
> The step 'do_rootfs' gives:
>  locale-base-en-gb : Depends: glibc-binary-localedata-en-gb but it is
> not going to be installed
>  locale-base-en-us : Depends: glibc-binary-localedata-en-us but it is
> not going to be installed
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
> specify a solution).

We don't really test deb packaging, and especially making images from
debs is not tested on the autobuilder at all I believe. Your options
are to debug the dependencies in .deb, or switch to rpm or ipk
formats.

Alex

* Re: do_rootfs fails at master with something about glibc-binary-localedata-...
@ 2018-08-28 19:39   ` jan vermaete
From: jan vermaete @ 2018-08-28 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

It's working. Thanks!

I hope deb package will be again fully supported in the next release.

@ 2018-08-28 19:43     ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2018-08-28 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jan vermaete; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

> It's working. Thanks!
>
> I hope deb package will be again fully supported in the next release.

Someone has to do the work though. If you truly want it fixed, you
know what to do :)

Alex