On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 11:23, Richard Purdie < richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote: > For extra data I reran this on a builder where it failed. This time it > worked out ok. I can think of two different things we could try: > > a) Add some debug to the code so that when a unknown user error occurs, > it triggers a mention of the filename with the issue > > b) Potentially try turning off any parallel install code for python. > I'm starting to wonder if that is racing somehow over file ownership. > Making it single thread may make the issue appear (or it may > disappear). > I tried setting PARALLEL_MAKEINST to "", and it didn't make any difference (python is using standard autotools). I guess we'll have to catch the build directory when it happens again somehow. Alex