On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 14:47, Alexander Kanavin wrote: > > I had a closer look at how and where ifupdown recipe is used, and from > what I see it isn't: > every configuration is relying on busybox to provide the same utilities. > That's why the failure is seen only in world builds :) > > Should we drop the ifupdown recipe? > A followup: there is a busybox-free set put together in meta/recipes-extended/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-base-utils.bb which includes ifupdown only if systemd is not in use. However that packagegroup is not used in any images, and the only test for it is in lib/oeqa/selftest/cases/imagefeatures.py which does enable systemd, so that doesn't pull in ifupdown either. This means ifupdown isn't runtime-tested now, and probably hasn't been tested for a while. Alex