On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 23:25, wrote: > Right, it still definitely needs work. Its a balancing act between > sorting out the execution bugs in the code and figuring out the > performance problem. > > If anyone wants to experiment, the way I'd debug this is to run the > before and after cases with the -P option to bitbake. If you want to > exit early just make the code return where it prints "Executing tasks" > or whatever makes sense as Ctrl+C won't write the profile data. > > You want the profile.log.processed file. > > So save that file with the "before" commit, then save it afterwards and > look at those files and see where its spending more time. > > If someone generates those two files I'll happily take a look, I'm kind > of used to reading them. There are four sets of output in there, same > data but different sorting/types, each has its uses. > And here they are (with task spinning included this time): http://sensi.org/~ak/tmp/profile.log.processed.before http://sensi.org/~ak/tmp/profile.log.processed.after Hope you find it useful! Alex