On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 at 19:05, Luca Boccassi wrote: > > This patchset allows systemd binaries to be used in SDKs; what I > > would like to see is that those binaries are built and used directly > > in yocto builds. E.g. systemd recipe gains BBCLASSEXTEND = "native", > > systemd.bbclass gets DEPENDS = "systemd-native" and then uses the > > native systemd binaries in the same way you want to use them in your > > private SDK-based pipelines. > > Sounds good to me, feel free to go ahead and send patches to do that. > It's unrelated to this series and to my requirements, and I have no use > for it, so I will not be spending any time chasing down various rabbit > holes to make it work, sorry. > Please consider the needs of the project and the community too. From that perspective I do think any QA enhancement must be available to users of bitbake before it's available to users of SDK (and even then, without any regression testing upstream, and only if they set up special SDK plumbing in private CI pipelines). Doing otherwise sets a bad precedent in my opinion. Alex