* How to setup Rust code tagging in Linux kernel
@ 2021-08-15  9:01 Gioh Kim
From: Gioh Kim @ 2021-08-15  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux

Hi,

I've just built and booted the kernel of the Github "Rust for Linux" project.
I've used emacs and gtags or Visual Studio Code to read kernel code.
But they didn't work to read the Rust code in the kernel.
I failed to find the solution with google and git log rust/.

Is there anything to make tagging for rust code in the kernel?
Maybe it would be better to make tagging for both C and Rust code.

--

Best regards,
Gioh Kim

* Re: How to setup Rust code tagging in Linux kernel
@ 2021-08-15 14:30 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2021-08-15 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gioh Kim; +Cc: rust-for-linux, Wei Liu

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 11:01:39AM +0200, Gioh Kim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just built and booted the kernel of the Github "Rust for Linux" project.
> I've used emacs and gtags or Visual Studio Code to read kernel code.
> But they didn't work to read the Rust code in the kernel.
> I failed to find the solution with google and git log rust/.
>
> Is there anything to make tagging for rust code in the kernel?
> Maybe it would be better to make tagging for both C and Rust code.

Check this out:

https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux/linux/blob/rust/Documentation/rust/quick-start.rst#rust-analyzer

Wei.

@ 2021-08-15 17:48   ` Gioh Kim
From: Gioh Kim @ 2021-08-15 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu; +Cc: rust-for-linux

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 4:30 PM Wei Liu <wei.liu@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 11:01:39AM +0200, Gioh Kim wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just built and booted the kernel of the Github "Rust for Linux" project.
> > I've used emacs and gtags or Visual Studio Code to read kernel code.
> > But they didn't work to read the Rust code in the kernel.
> > I failed to find the solution with google and git log rust/.
> >
> > Is there anything to make tagging for rust code in the kernel?
> > Maybe it would be better to make tagging for both C and Rust code.
>
> Check this out:
>
> https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux/linux/blob/rust/Documentation/rust/quick-start.rst#rust-analyzer

I got it.
Thank you very much.