From: demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com>
To: Filip Lipien <aaa@164.ooo>
Cc: "git@vger.kernel.org" <git@vger.kernel.org>,
	"torvalds@linux-foundation.org" <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Request to remove Junio C Hamano as the Git Maintainer
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 10:45:53 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 at 19:52, Filip Lipien <aaa@164.ooo> wrote:

> There are more than one million questions on Stackoverflow related to the usage of Git.
> This is not normal.
>
> Git is in its current state not a tool that's made for humans.

Any tool sufficiently advanced to be useful to experts will from time
to time surprise beginners who lack context knowledge. That is normal.
Designing tools to be unsurprising for beginners usually just ends up
limiting, frustrating or surprising the experts.

> It's realistic to assume, that millions of working hours were wasted due to his ignorance of developer experience.
> The financial damage goes into the billions.

Yeah, business has adopted it wholesale because it loses them
billions. That makes sense. Not.

> I hereby request the removal of Junio C Hamano 濱野純 as the Git Maintainer.

That is just rude. Having a free meal in a restaurant does not give
you the right to demand the head-cook steps down because you didn't
like the way it was laid out on the plate.  Whatever it was you
intended to achieve with this post, this is not the way to go about
it.

Normally I would ignore a post like this as trolling, but others have
engaged, and I wanted to express some support for Junio as I know
these kind of things can get even the thickest skinned hacker down.

So to Junio: Thank you for your contributions. I give you strength to
ignore the trolls.  I have stated this previously, but thanks again
for add --interactive, that is a super useful tool which I use and
appreciate pretty much every single day.

cheers,
Yves