* equivalent for MACHINE=imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3 in fsl-community-bsp
@ 2017-11-02 13:21 Klaus Anderson
From: Klaus Anderson @ 2017-11-02 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

hello,

I'm fairly new to FSL yocto things, so bare with me if I'm asking silly
things.

I am using iMX6 SCM development kit and have so far been using instructions
from https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333955,
using MACHINE=imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3. This works fine, but is based on
morty, so some of the sw is a bit old.

Now I would like to get a more recent yocto release (preferably rocko)
working with this hw, but I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. Just trying
to build a minimal image using master from fsl-community-bsp complains
that  imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3 is not supported. Which machine should I pick
instead? Or do I need meta-nxp-imx-scm layer added (
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/meta-nxp-imx-scm.git/) and go
from there? Or do I need to create my own machine configuration before
continuing?

Ideally I would also want to use a more recent kernel, but can't find any
with mention for scm, so should I assume none is available? Or do the
normal imx kernels work with scm devices as well?

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
klaus

* Re: equivalent for MACHINE=imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3 in fsl-community-bsp
@ 2017-11-03 12:06 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2017-11-03 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Klaus Anderson; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Klaus,

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Klaus Anderson
<klaus.anderson@vincit.com> wrote:
> I'm fairly new to FSL yocto things, so bare with me if I'm asking silly
> things.

That's fine.

> I am using iMX6 SCM development kit and have so far been using instructions
> from https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333955, using
> MACHINE=imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3. This works fine, but is based on morty, so
> some of the sw is a bit old.

It is indeed.

> Now I would like to get a more recent yocto release (preferably rocko)
> working with this hw, but I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. Just trying
> to build a minimal image using master from fsl-community-bsp complains that
> imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3 is not supported. Which machine should I pick
> instead? Or do I need meta-nxp-imx-scm layer added
> (http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/meta-nxp-imx-scm.git/) and go
> from there? Or do I need to create my own machine configuration before
> continuing?
>
> Ideally I would also want to use a more recent kernel, but can't find any
> with mention for scm, so should I assume none is available? Or do the normal
> imx kernels work with scm devices as well?
>
> Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

It is not supported here, someone needs to prepare the patches. I am sorry.